Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-fire-group-t182723.html)

jacquie 04-18-2012 10:49 AM

3 lovely 'squishies' arrived today!! today's thank you's go out to; 'jahaper', 'moonrise' & 'wandalou'...

i'm doing well! that's 10 lot's have arrived up until now!

lot's of lovely fabrics!!!
xxx jacquie xxx

jahaper 04-19-2012 08:47 PM

I have finished all blocks now. Hooray!!!!!!!!!! I will try to get them sent tomorrow. This has been so much fun. I made every block different. lots of them I had never made before. Now I have more on my to do list. It just gets longer and longer.

Janelle

NDQuilts 04-20-2012 05:15 AM

I am also moving along on blocks. I have three more remaining to complete this project. One fabric in particular has me stumped for a pattern to go with it. It will come when I least expect it, I'm sure.

buslady 04-20-2012 06:39 AM

I have made 2 blocks this week in the evenings after work. What fun. I like to use this as a chance to try out new methods and to make blocks you might not want to make too many of due to complexity. The two I finished last night fit that bill to a "T". One I made the 3D block I have been dying to try. And yes, I will use that method to make a baby quilt, it was fun, easy and looks just GREAT!! I hope the recipient likes it, too. The other is a combination of machine applique and 3D. I appliqued the basic parts then used yo yo's and buttons to make it POP! Again, I hope this is a well liked block. I hope I have been able to "fit" the intent of each block according to their notes provided. That can be tough! I worry so much that my block will be "the one" that just doesn't seem to fit. Story I shared with one member through PM: I did an exchange with a group. All the blocks were wonderful, but one of them had used a stark white, all the reast stayed with very muted colors, creams etc. That block, beautiful as it was, just didn't seem to fit no matter where I put it. So I tea dyed the white. Didn't hurt the integrity of the block, but now it fit perfectly.
As a matter of fact, that is one of my favorite quilts. Of course they all are. LOL

buddy'smom 04-20-2012 03:20 PM

I received awesome blocks today from, Jackie, Veronika, &goldendog55. Thanks so much ladies, also received Jackie's F8.

jacquie 04-21-2012 10:26 AM

that's great!! glad it's arrived ok!!

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 5157609)
I received awesome blocks today from, Jackie, Veronika, &goldendog55. Thanks so much ladies, also received Jackie's F8.

Abby's Mom 04-21-2012 04:27 PM

Jacqui - I'm leaning toward the "viney" one! :) -Thanks - Abby's Mom

Abby's Mom 04-21-2012 04:37 PM

I believe I have all F8's except one from LindaC. Linda, if you think I should have already received this please let me know. Thanks!

LovingIzabella 04-22-2012 06:06 AM

Hello everyone,
Sorry I have been a bit MIA. Dealing with a crazy work schedule lately and Izabella and other things lol So much fun some times I have to hold myself back :)
So happy to see such progress and beautiful blocks.
So sorry for your loss Veronika your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
I have received beautiful completed blocks back and I believe they are from Veri, Goldendog, Wanda Lou, & JaHaper. But I will look at my list as soon as I am in my sewing room and confirm and take pictures as well :)
I am also pretty sure I have all F8s now and I mailed completed blocks home to QuiltingNonie & Abby's Mom about two weeks ago so I hope you ladies received them.
Hugs
April

jacquie 04-22-2012 08:54 AM

lol... i thought you might! lol....
no problem!!!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom (Post 5160213)
Jacqui - I'm leaning toward the "viney" one! :) -Thanks - Abby's Mom