Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-fire-group-t182723.html)

conniety 05-23-2012 06:28 PM

Wow, I just checked my email with my list. you ladies are quick. I know which fabric to use so will get it prewashed. not something I do that often, except for these swaps. I will get on those envelopes today, wash and dry and iron tonight and get cut up when i get a new blade then mail out no later than Monday. Be ready for mine, it is a hot orange/red volcanic looking fabric. yes, it is going to be wild so hopefully you will have some fun with it.

moonrise 05-23-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by conniety (Post 5238750)
Wow, I just checked my email with my list. you ladies are quick. I know which fabric to use so will get it prewashed. not something I do that often, except for these swaps. I will get on those envelopes today, wash and dry and iron tonight and get cut up when i get a new blade then mail out no later than Monday. Be ready for mine, it is a hot orange/red volcanic looking fabric. yes, it is going to be wild so hopefully you will have some fun with it.

Could you be in a different group? I've received an F8 from all the people on my spreadsheet, and don't see a "conniety" on the list. :( If you're supposed to be in the Fire group, you might want to PM April and let her know. :)

Edited to add: I just read the Earth group's thread, and April's trying to contact you. Please see her message here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post5234798

Here's a status update, just to make sure my records are right. :)

All F8's are showing as being received. All grown-up blocks have been mailed back out.

Need grown-up blocks from:

LindaC
MdmSew'n'Sew
QuilterMomma
tildiemae
jacquie

Thanks, everyone! :thumbup:

QuilterMomma 05-25-2012 03:22 PM

Oh goodness me ladies, I have all my envelopes ready, keep saying I am going to get on these blocks, and then I life happens. I am able to do some cutting now, hand has healed up pretty good, still sore if I use to much, but my cutting is getting accurate now. I tried a week ago and you did not want to see my cuts then, ugh. Did not want to ruin fabric. I have three grownups done, one in the works, and the rest waiting for me to go shopping. If all goes my way, SIL in town had to put machine away, I will have them done here shortly. So sorry I am making your bad lists ladies.

moonrise 05-25-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5242891)
Oh goodness me ladies, I have all my envelopes ready, keep saying I am going to get on these blocks, and then I life happens. I am able to do some cutting now, hand has healed up pretty good, still sore if I use to much, but my cutting is getting accurate now. I tried a week ago and you did not want to see my cuts then, ugh. Did not want to ruin fabric. I have three grownups done, one in the works, and the rest waiting for me to go shopping. If all goes my way, SIL in town had to put machine away, I will have them done here shortly. So sorry I am making your bad lists ladies.

You're not on any bad lists! LOL! There's oodles of time left. Take care of YOU first. :)

wanda lou 05-25-2012 11:20 PM

Your not on any bad list, hang in there. Stuff happens.

jacquie 05-27-2012 05:13 AM

don't you worry dear!!
i am along there with you, as i have only made 3 or 4 which have been returned...
i too have had 'life' to deal with, as my daughter just got married, and now i've been given a load of 'live-in' shifts at work. (meaning i'm away from home 26 hours at a time, several days a week)
life sometimes has to go on 'hold'!!
you and i are there together with these blocks...
i'm hoping to be able to start picking them up again this week. so, don't you worry!!:)
hugs dear!! xxx

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5242891)

buslady 05-28-2012 06:42 AM

If the worse thing that happens in my life is a late block, I will feel like one lucky person!! YOU come first.

yayaquilts 05-28-2012 08:44 AM

Love your signature quote Onalee Rose!!! So true! so true!!

I haven't checked in for awhile (although I have bee reading everyone's comments). I was gone on vacation with family and BFFs for the last two weeks. Home now and in the middle of clean-up, laundry etc. I have several blocks yet to sew. Good news is I have coordinating fabrics and block patterns chosen. Bad news: it may be a couple weeks before I get to sewing them. Long story short I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow to remove a cyst on my ovary laproscopically. Doctor's pretty certain it is only liquid filled (blood test came back normal-yeah) and recovery shouldn't be as bad as when I had a partial hysterectomy 24 yrs ago. (Just not sure how long it will be before I feel like sewing). I will finish all blocks though! Thanks in advance for your understanding!

LindaC 05-28-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5248977)
Love your signature quote Onalee Rose!!! So true! so true!!

I haven't checked in for awhile (although I have bee reading everyone's comments). I was gone on vacation with family and BFFs for the last two weeks. Home now and in the middle of clean-up, laundry etc. I have several blocks yet to sew. Good news is I have coordinating fabrics and block patterns chosen. Bad news: it may be a couple weeks before I get to sewing them. Long story short I am having outpatient surgery tomorrow to remove a cyst on my ovary laproscopically. Doctor's pretty certain it is only liquid filled (blood test came back normal-yeah) and recovery shouldn't be as bad as when I had a partial hysterectomy 24 yrs ago. (Just not sure how long it will be before I feel like sewing). I will finish all blocks though! Thanks in advance for your understanding!

Karen
you need to look after yourself first. Hope everything goes well with your surgery tomorrow.
LindaC

wanda lou 05-28-2012 08:54 PM

Karen you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Don't worry about quilt blocks take care of yourself.