Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-fire-group-t182723.html)

QuilterMomma 06-04-2012 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=quiltingnonie;5260170]QuilterMomma:
I mailed your grownup block back to you on April 25th, so am shocked to see my name on your list of missing blocks!
Can you please check again?

I have now gone thru all the f8s I have received, and I have everyone's fabric. Yesterday I shopped in my stash for fabric, accomplished that, then today, picked out a block and cut all the fabrics up and are ready to sew and mail. I put them individually in their addressed envelope so they will not get mixed up. All stacked real pretty like and oh my gosh organized.
I went thru again on the grown-up blocks and I only have 12 blocks received. I am missing
Jacque-Scotland - n/r because she needs my f8
tildiemae
ndquilts
mdmsewnsew
LindaC

So yes, quiltingnonie, I did receive yours, mismarked by a line. So sorry about that. So I am in the process ladies of finishing up blocks. I hope to get them out this week if at all possible. Now that birthdays and graduation over, can focus and get this done. The blocks I have received are wonderful, yes I will get them posted soon. Thank you.

MdmSew'n'Sew 06-05-2012 09:49 AM

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, I messed up both my thumbs at the same time - if you have one thumb on the DL, you can kind of gimp along, but when both thumbs are out of commission, you are totally shut down - my left thumb is pretty well mended and the right one is functioning at 50% - hoping to be able to get some sewing done by this weekend - you really have no idea how much you need opposable thumbs until you don't have any! I did manage to finish Veri and Moonrise's blocks and mail them out - am loving everyone's fabric, have most blocks ready to go, just need to be able to push the fabric through the machine and trim everything up - hope to get a lot of blocks completed this weekend and out the door next week - keep your fingers (not thumbs!) crossed!

QuilterMomma 06-05-2012 11:53 AM

Oh my MdmSewNSew, that is awful. I know the hand surgery held me up but no thumbs, I can only cringe at the thought. Here is to hoping both you and me getting our blocks finished and out the door.

buslady 06-05-2012 01:37 PM

Both thumbs at one time. Ugggggrrrrr. That cannot be fun! Best to you for a speedy recovery.

Yosamitesa 06-05-2012 01:39 PM

WOW!!! Hugs and quilty love to all of y'all!!

tildiemae 06-05-2012 03:41 PM

Hello Everyone of the Fire Group,
I read everyone's entries and feel like I"m way behind with responses and blocks but unfortunately and/or fortunately life happens!! I"ve received several finished blocks and they are all so pretty...I can hardly wait to put it all together for the finished quilt! I hope to start in making everyone's blocks sometime this month. I may have to fit in an anxious bride who wants her wedding dress, 3 bridesmaids' dresses and her mom's dress altered (somehow altering and quilting are worlds apart even though they both involve a sewing machine!!!) in the very near future. I enjoy being a part of this group and hope to be an 'active' participant in the very near future!!

yayaquilts 06-06-2012 01:08 PM

Yesterday I worked on designing an applique block for a friend in a Round Robin Swap--then ironing on the paperbacked fusible and then onto the background fabric. Today was the first day I actually felt like sewing since my surgery a week ago. So I started to make a block for
jahaper, and wouldn't you know, I made a mistake right off the bat--cut two pieces of her fabric wrong! Then I didn't have time to finish becasue
I had to come to my daughter's house to bbsit 3 lil ones! Hopefully I'll get to sew tomorrow and try to finish up my blocks-most are already cut and pattern picked out, but still have a few to pick the pattern for and cut.

Yosamitesa 06-07-2012 06:27 AM

yaya - glad you are feeling better!!! :)

jacquie 06-08-2012 06:13 AM

hi cindy, your lovely block arrived today!
i think it made very good time!!
it's lovely thank you!!:thumbup:

i will take more pictures of my blocks soon!!

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5263620)
Sent grown-up blocks out today (yes my post office is open on Sundays) to tildiemae and jacquie...

wandalou and LindaC - I will get on yours this week if my hubby uncovers my sewing machine from his stuff. Bedroom is back under construction and I can't get to my machine. :(

Yosamitesa 06-08-2012 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 5273741)
hi cindy, your lovely block arrived today!
i think it made very good time!!
it's lovely thank you!!:thumbup:

i will take more pictures of my blocks soon!!

YEA!!! SO glad it made it and even more excited you like it!!! :) I actually fell in love with it once it was finished and held on to it because I didn't want to send it home. Hubby found it and made me send it back. :( Big MEANY!!! I'm glad it found it's way home and that you enjoy it, hopefully as much as I did!!! :) Hugs!!!