Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Nexxus831 10-22-2012 07:16 AM

I have cut out the fabric for four blocks. It seems like the most time is the cutting out of the fabric. I want to cut a couple more then sew them all up and send them home. Does anyone else find it easier to cut a few out and then send them home?

Yosamitesa 10-22-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5603681)
I have cut out the fabric for four blocks. It seems like the most time is the cutting out of the fabric. I want to cut a couple more then sew them all up and send them home. Does anyone else find it easier to cut a few out and then send them home?

I do this too!!! I cut out all of the pieces, put them in little baggies and file them with the original envelope. When I have free time, I grab out the baggies and start sewing. Makes it easier and faster for me to take a night or two a week to cut and then a night or two to sew. :) This way has been a life saver for me this swap. Especially with little hands, I can cut and put in baggies and nothing gets misplaced. :D

joanelizbay 10-22-2012 07:29 AM

I usually cut out 4-5 blocks and then work on them all at once. Its just easier to have the ironing board set up to use for 4-5 instead of one at a time. Knock on wood I never get them all mixed up! I like to use a different pattern for almost every block, whatever the F8 "yells out at me" to do. :) Cant wait to get aerinns F8 and send her a block then just sit back and wait for the remaining blocks to come home for Christmas! :)

Nexxus831 10-22-2012 07:38 AM

Oh I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who does this. I have 52 people I am swapping with and am down to 36 more and cut out four of those and going to cut out two more today that way I will be down to 30. My goal is to have them all to there homes by December 1st. Lets pray I can do this.

sustraley 10-22-2012 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received two more great blocks. One form Marcialee and one from OKDarla. Love them. Sent out 3 blocks today to Marcialee, OKDarla and Abbysmom. Hope you like them.

joanelizbay 10-22-2012 11:14 AM

Areinn I absolutely LOVE your fabric...well worth the wait!! I see lots of prospects with all the colors in it!! Thanks!

Annaquilts 10-22-2012 11:25 AM

I grab the envelops, add a pattern and fabrics. They are all orginized that way. Then in the evening i do one at a time.

chewboo 10-22-2012 11:48 AM

grown up blocks headed home to
pinklotus
1000projects
annaquilts
daisey
lv2sew2011
marialee
mosher92
nanakathy55
nancia
okdarla
oldcatlady
savannahrandons
scrapper
sustraley
tam...moo
urgodschild2

I am finished just waiting on areinn f8 to arrive

marytoddliz 10-22-2012 01:43 PM

I am home! yippie~ ok maybe not Yippie, I brought home a really really bad case of the "CRUD" I have never felt this bad! you know the feeling when you think you have to feel a little better before you can even DIE!

Well I am not doing much except coughing and WHINING~ poor hubby, he took today off to nurse me!

While I was gone I received a grown up block from Yosamitesa, it is so cute, will post pick later. I did not get to meet nexxus her group had the crud so she was unable to meet me and then I got it, more than likely I got it from my little princess! But I hear it is making it's rounds here as well! Most of the family members in my MIL's house have it too!

Well I am going back to bed! After I say thanks to my Secret Pal and I got one of my Christmas Ornaments! This cold has the worse case of runny nose, coughy yuck I have ever had! I think it is an invasion of the Phlegm monsters!

Sure hope nobody here gets it!

Lv2sew2011 10-22-2012 01:58 PM

I only do one at a time because I'm scared I wont remember who is who's LOL I'm so absent minded these days, so one at a time for me...
Donna

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5603681)