Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

LovingIzabella 01-06-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I was told today, by the Post Office, that for two fabrics it will be 81 cents if it isn't thicker than 1/4 in. Then you can use a regular size envelope if not you must put it in a larger envelope and it is 1.05- much better than the Postage Store. And to Canada $1.29 in a 6x9 with custom forms. Just a little info for us who are sending more than one piece of fabric.

Thank you for the information!
Hugs
April

purplemem 01-06-2010 11:26 AM

My fabric is here! It is so beautiful, I can't wait to get it going.
We are in deep cold right now and I can't go out. I will wash and cut tonight and mail by Monday.

Are we mailing in regular #10 envelopes?

LovingIzabella 01-06-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
My fabric is here! It is so beautiful, I can't wait to get it going.
We are in deep cold right now and I can't go out. I will wash and cut tonight and mail by Monday.

Are we mailing in regular #10 envelopes?

I do not see why not-the F8 should fit in one with no problem.
Hugs
April

Ninnie 01-06-2010 11:42 AM

That's one of the reasons I joined this swap, because figuring the postage is so simple, and we each take care of our own. :-D
I don't have to over-work my brain :roll:

BarbS 01-06-2010 01:51 PM

Not really sure on sending customs papers??? Never thought of that.....most stuff I receive from the US has a little green sticker on it that just states what is enclosed. Sure hope I didn't have to put something on mine.....cause they are already in the mail :(

kysmommy2 01-06-2010 02:08 PM

I am SO excited about this!! I collect cat fabrics and have had NO clue what I was going to so with them!!! Here is the PERFRECT solution! I am sending each person a F8 of my cat fabric!!! Then when I get them all back I will be able to assemble a fantastical quilt! YAY!! I have about 1/3 of mine stuffed....I'm cutting as I go! Mailing these out tomorrow!! YIPEE!!

collettakay 01-06-2010 03:13 PM

If it's under 13oz. you don't need a customs form. Ask your postal worker just in case though.

Ninnie 01-06-2010 03:19 PM

oh, my, there is an ad under this page for real Boomerangs!
Too funny! LOL

kysmommy2 01-06-2010 03:24 PM

are we supposed to be sending 2 F8's to everyone who has an asterick bytheir name???
Thanks!

MadQuilter 01-06-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
are we supposed to be sending 2 F8's to everyone who has an asterick bytheir name???
Thanks!

I thought the asterisk indicated who had confirmed participation.