Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

MadQuilter 01-11-2010 09:43 AM

OK< I have to send out a stern word to all you overachievers out there! Finished blocks already sent back???? What is that all about? I barely managed to open my squishies......

Just kidding. Keep up the good work. :-)

purplemem 01-11-2010 09:45 AM

I am so waiting for my postperson to deliver my mail today! This is really fun!

buddy'smom 01-11-2010 10:24 AM

WOW, I hit the jackpot today, I received from the following gals:
Anita
M. Graham
Lori
Cindy Helbig
Colletta
Colleen
M. Carpenter,
Will work on these tonight. I do mine in the order I open them, I put #'s on them and work from there, how about you ladies??

KBunn 01-11-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
I do mine in the order I open them, I put #'s on them and work from there, how about you ladies??

That is how I am doing them too....but I can't promise the quick turn around that some of you have. I dont have much chance to sew during the week so I figure I will get blocks planned and maybe cut during the week and sew on the weekend.

collettakay 01-11-2010 11:19 AM

I'm going by the date received.

OdessaQuilts 01-11-2010 11:51 AM

I'm attempting to sew in the order received, but I ran home for lunch, picked up thte mail and had SEVEN squishies! Sorry, I don't recall who they were all from! <smiles>

And now I am debating what to do with the first one I received. The plan I had will not work as the fabric won't "allow" for cutting what needs to be cut. So, it's on to PLAN B, and I just don't know what that is yet.

Curious question: is anyone considering doing the same block for everyone/for half the list? Or are you all planning to do 35 different blocks? I am considering of picking out a few and repeating, but I don't know yet what I will do.

Happy Snow Day to everyone!

MadQuilter 01-11-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Curious question: is anyone considering doing the same block for everyone/for half the list? Or are you all planning to do 35 different blocks? I am considering of picking out a few and repeating, but I don't know yet what I will do.

I let the fabric tell me what it wants to do. There is a good possibility of having repeats though.

buddy'smom 01-11-2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts

I let the fabric tell me what it wants to do. There is a good possibility of having repeats though.

I agree, sometimes the same blocks works great with different fabric's. I'm gonna try & make as many different ones as I can, but sure I will do a repeat.

kysmommy2 01-11-2010 12:16 PM

I am trying to do lots of different blocks but it def depends on the fabric ;)
Norbanaquilts...I KNOW IT!! That will be great!
I am planning on doing them in approx in the order received...excpet for Canadians...someone else suggesting bumping them to the top of the list and I agree.
I absolutely LOVE the spreadsheet!
I am trying to get as many out as soon as possible b/c I am a little intimidated by letting too many stack up, lol.
I am just waiting for 4:30 to come around...ugh....I have one of the latest mail times =(((

blueribbontoes 01-11-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I have one of the latest mail times =(((

Me too! It is torture when you're waiting for goodies, isn't it? lol!!