Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-2-0-sign-ups-closed-please-read-my-notes-pg-136-137-a-t41063.html)

LovingIzabella 03-31-2010 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
do you know about how big the quilt would be with 18 blocks? I am bad at trying to figure this out.

I am still deciding on wether to use 2 fabrics or more

18 would be a little uneven unless you did it 4x4 with one block in a top corner and one in a bottom corner as a border. This would make the top about 72 x 72.
Hope this helps
Hugs
April

salmonsweet 03-31-2010 04:39 AM

18 12'' blocks would be 3x6? So that would be 36x72'' plus borders, right? I'm thinking I'll make two, too...

CraftsByRobin 03-31-2010 04:49 AM

I would so love to do this, but being a beginner, I think I will wait for the next round, but will be watching this thread for sure!

salmonsweet 03-31-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
18 would be a little uneven unless you did it 4x4 with one block in a top corner and one in a bottom corner as a border. This would make the top about 72 x 72.
Hope this helps
Hugs
April

Oh cool, cross-posted and I didn't see it until now. Nice idea, too.

Or perhaps 4x5 if I make a couple of extra blocks for each one? I don't suppose there is a quilt law that says boomerangs can't have your own blocks in it? :lol:

salmonsweet 03-31-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
I would so love to do this, but being a beginner, I think I will wait for the next round, but will be watching this thread for sure!

Craftsbyrobin I'm a beginner, too!!! Maybe change your mind? :-D

LovingIzabella 03-31-2010 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by salmonsweet

Hope this helps
Hugs
April

Oh cool, cross-posted and I didn't see it until now. Nice idea, too.

Or perhaps 4x5 if I make a couple of extra blocks for each one? I don't suppose there is a quilt law that says boomerangs can't have your own blocks in it? :lol:

LOL No law at all and sometimes you need to.
Hugs
April

salmonsweet 03-31-2010 05:59 AM

LOL No law at all and sometimes you need to.
Hugs
April

Cool. :-D

salmonsweet 03-31-2010 06:01 AM

Would it be a good idea for me to send my F8s in envelopes big enough to put a 12x12 block in? Just wondering whether people tend to reuse envelopes to send the blocks home...

(Excited, excited! I've cut my fabric and I have plastic bags... did I post this already?!)

AkAngel 03-31-2010 06:29 AM

Wow you are ahead of me. I did pull 24 batiks last night for one of them, but haven't got the others pulled yet, let alone them washed, pressed and in envelopes, but I definately plan to have them at that stage before we get our lists, I want them hitting that mail as soon as possible. If we have to make 35 its going to take all the time I can muster.
Muriel

LovingIzabella 03-31-2010 06:30 AM

LOL Salmon
You do not have to worry about the envelope being big enough to be reused.
This is a very exciting swap-I have my fabric picked I just have to wash cut and stuff lol
Hugs
April