Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dear-jane-christmas-block-swap-closed-t23731.html)

kluedesigns 08-04-2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by STAR
Ok kluedesigns I am so nervous but would really like to join this swap. :oops: I have been looking at these dear jane quilts ever since i came across the one I believe you posted with the more modern colors. I only hand quilt and am a beginner but would love to try with your help of course, if thats not too much to ask :wink: I am interested in making D6, it looks like a snowball type block to me. i would need any instructions you can give me.
Thanx
Star

send me a PM with you email address and i'll email you the templates to make block D6.

its a pretty straight forward block and an excellent choice for a beginner.

kluedesigns 08-04-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Let me understand this. You need us to do 18 of ONE block, correct? So the person who is choosing 12 would need to understand she would be making a total of 216 blocks?

so, if I chose to do 2 blocks, I will be sending in a total of 36 blocks, right?

yes, your math is correct.

i think the lady meant she wanted to do block 12 but left out which row its in.

i don't think there's enough time in this swap to do 12 sets of 18 blocks. :lol:

JoanneS 08-04-2009 06:08 PM

I'm in - D-13 Field of Dreams - I found a web site with directions for all the blocks - I'll post it in a minute - - -

JoanneS 08-04-2009 06:12 PM

www.dearjane.com has a grid labelling the blocks as Klue describes.
You find the block you want in the picture of the quilt, figure out which row (A-M) and which block (1-13).
Go to the grid, click on your block and you'll find directions for how to make it.
If you're lucky, it'll be a 5 inch UNFINISHED block.

sharon b 08-04-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
Ok, I've never done anything like this and would like to try. I will do I2, assuming I can find the pattern. It looks farely simple, a nine patch set on point. I think I can manage this by the end of October. :) :)

Klue I think she meant I -2

can there be duplicate blocks ? I have never done any of the swaps and am afraid mine won't be good enough as a beginner .

kluedesigns 08-04-2009 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b

Ok, I've never done anything like this and would like to try. I will do I2, assuming I can find the pattern. It looks farely simple, a nine patch set on point. I think I can manage this by the end of October. :) :)

can there be duplicate blocks ? I have never done any of the swaps and am afraid mine won't be good enough as a beginner .

thank you so much for pointing that out.

if we get more than 18 sets going then we can start to duplicate blocks but i would wait until then.

i can go thru the blocks and find a simple one for you to do.

kluedesigns 08-04-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b

you should do M10 - its a 9 patch

kluedesigns 08-04-2009 06:48 PM

this is what i have so far

sharon i put in as a maybe for block M10

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap

Colletta = A6
Norbanaquilts = H13 and K12
MNQuilter = I2
Star = D6
JoanneS = D13
Sharon B = M10?

sharon b 08-04-2009 06:50 PM

Another question. Didn't Janes mostly finish at 4.5 , how do I adjust for the 5 inch finish ?

JoanneS 08-04-2009 06:53 PM

4 1/2" finished = 5" unfinished. Isn't that what we're doing?