Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-fall-halloween-tablerunner-table-mat-swap-t226990.html)

Elisabrat 08-05-2013 03:16 AM

Good Morning and having just red a few of the posts I am ready and willing to have a cream soda now. I haven't had one in quiet a while oh oh make it a float! now that would be a marvelous way to wake up instead I await the coffee pot. Hurry up, its like that old Mervyns add. OPEN OPEN OPEN.. for me its DRIP DRIP DRIP.

Yesterday I was a moron! I dropped my hooked little razor that I use to take out seams its way faster than the little seam ripper well.. when I dropped it instead of letting it hit my skirt I instantly grabbed it! it impaled itself right into the center of my palm. Then wise one that I am I instantly pulled it straight out. Its hooked. what was I thinking!!! so now I will remember this I think for quiet a while. sigh.. the not so smart things I do at times.

Are leaves or pumpkins more popular?? survey says????

jillnjo 08-05-2013 05:11 AM

Well, I couldn't say which is more popular! Both are so perfect for fall themes. Leaves do come in lots of colors, though and I've never seen purple, green, pinkish.....ect. pumpkins! Pumpkins are always great right through Thanksgiving dinner. The colors of fall, such an array of beauty.

Yosamitesa 08-05-2013 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So...my quilt shop that I really enjoy shopping at was having their 7th Anniversary sale this weekend. I went seeking beautiful fall themed batiks...this is what I came out with. What do y'all think??? Fall-ish enough???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428423[/ATTACH]

tlambing 08-05-2013 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
While we're waiting...I thought I'd share the friendship block quilt I just sashed last night.
Now What shall I border it in?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428454[/ATTACH]

It's Sue Zipkin Garden water color from a few yrs ago. Looks great in person. Soft like each block is a bloom in the garden.

klgls 08-05-2013 07:30 AM

tlambing - your blocks are gorgeous!!! I might have to take a second look at PP - and I want to learn appliquing - I should have started quilting at a much younger age!! :D

tlambing 08-05-2013 08:03 AM

Thanks for all of the compliments. I had only tried PP one other time on my own before this class. With the mystery of PP solved, I think I would be able to follow just about any PP pattern. You really should give it a try. Once your brain wraps around it, it's great!

createfourpaws 08-05-2013 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6216118)
Good Morning and having just red a few of the posts I am ready and willing to have a cream soda now. I haven't had one in quiet a while oh oh make it a float! now that would be a marvelous way to wake up instead I await the coffee pot. Hurry up, its like that old Mervyns add. OPEN OPEN OPEN.. for me its DRIP DRIP DRIP.

Yesterday I was a moron! I dropped my hooked little razor that I use to take out seams its way faster than the little seam ripper well.. when I dropped it instead of letting it hit my skirt I instantly grabbed it! it impaled itself right into the center of my palm. Then wise one that I am I instantly pulled it straight out. Its hooked. what was I thinking!!! so now I will remember this I think for quiet a while. sigh.. the not so smart things I do at times.

Are leaves or pumpkins more popular?? survey says????

Leaves or pumpkins..........good question, I think they are equal in popularity.

How is your had doing today???

Cindy60545 08-05-2013 11:42 AM

I think I'll opt for pumpkins, the cloth I ordered came in today & that's what it is. Super cute panels!

Lynnie25 08-05-2013 12:58 PM

Leaves, I love autumn (fall) when trees are turning and the leaves are falling, think it would have to be my favourite season. And then it turns into winter :(

I have so many Lisa Moore patterns, wonder if I can do one of those in fall colours.

createfourpaws 08-05-2013 01:05 PM

I can't wait for my new accuquilt dies to come in, just bought the fall melody and a pumpkin one that has 3 different pumpkins on it. Joann's seemed to have the better price, they were marked down 40%. So I am going to be doing some applique on mine for this swap.