Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-summer-fun-table-runner-table-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-may-5th-t219392.html)

Krystyna 05-15-2013 06:10 AM

Yosamitsa, love love love that palate!

dabbler312 05-15-2013 06:32 AM

Love the batik fabrics - beautiful summer fun!!!!!

My partner likes bright batiks - sounds like they are her favorites - I'm thinking of using small template for drunkards path and making it a little scrappy.

Summer is the season of salads - I like to have creamy cucumbers when cucumbers are in season. My favorite is a spinich salad with strawberries - red onion - few pecans and feta cheese with a very light drizzle of raspberry dressing served with grilled salmon. I have hartier salads that pull double duty and work wonderful in a sandwich. After all this chatter about food can you guess what I'll be having for dinner tomorrow night - YUMMMO!

Grandma Di 05-15-2013 08:28 AM

They are absolutely beautiful. I really love them.

QuilterMomma 05-15-2013 09:49 AM

Nice pallets lady, now I am hungry for some yummy summer fruit and veggies.

Yosamitesa 05-15-2013 10:08 AM

Ok...need inspiration to actually cut them. They seem to cry out don't cut me every time I get my rotary near them...poor batiks!!!

Yosamitesa 05-15-2013 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...here we go!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413717[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 05-15-2013 01:48 PM

Dabbler, cucumbers! Yum! One of my favorite salads is fresh chilled cucumber slices, salted to make them crisp and then drained, mixed with a dressing of sour cream, vinegar, pinch of sugar, and dill. Yum yum yum yum.

Elisabrat 05-15-2013 04:46 PM

oh oh raspberry salad dressing sounds grand! and cucumbers? I love them we grew up eating them on a toasted rye or pumpernickle bread, butter and a tad of salt on top too! yum yum yum... tonight we had a dinner snack of dry salami, fontina cheese, duck pate..deer summer sausage and some homemade cheeseball that I made and oh oh some cut up apple and that was a wonderful dinner snack! later I will have a green salad and all will be heaven :)

Yosametisa love your fabrics it is hard cutting into your good stuff lol but sorta think that is why we bought it right? it was good? no point in letting it become something no one wants by keeping it in your fabric bin for years. I had this big bin of fabric when i moved to Arizona and became disabled so I mailed it all to my niece. Well when I started quilting again a couple years ago my sis said hey she still had half of it and laurel wasnt sewing any longer so she sent it to me. I thought cool! then I saw the fabric? omg.. my tastes had changed completely and I instantly donated about 80 percent of it .. sigh.. so use it now while you still like it! (warped but its true.. save it cause you like it and you end up hating it later.. what the heck is up with that???).

tlambing 05-15-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6065978)
Dabbler, cucumbers! Yum! One of my favorite salads is fresh chilled cucumber slices, salted to make them crisp and then drained, mixed with a dressing of sour cream, vinegar, pinch of sugar, and dill. Yum yum yum yum.

Thanks for the thought. I made a cucumber salad for dinner with our tri tip! OMG sooooo yummy.

Yosamitesa 05-15-2013 08:17 PM

Ok, so top is complete. I have backing and middle. Will sandwich tomorrow and will find the binding material. ;)