Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2012-doll-quilt-swap-no-theme-senders-choice-t176576.html)

Krystyna 02-10-2012 06:03 AM

Robin, I love your little space, and the sewing machine cover is so cute! Nice work, Chele!
I wish I had the room in my studio to hang them all, but the walls are covered with floor to ceiling shelves. When I have time, hahahaha, I would like to hang them over my fireplace but will have to work on a system of dowels and fishing line first. In the meanwhile, there are two in my living room / dining room and the rest, except for an angel quilt, are in my stairwell so I can enjoy them at least twice a day!

MdmSew'n'Sew 02-10-2012 06:20 AM

Wow, seems like everyone else is miles ahead of me, I'm still playing with color placement - but once I finalize that, it will finish up quickly - very important, since it needs to wing its way to Australia ... sigh, if I could only win the Lottery so I could quit work and just sew to my heart's content ... but they have a silly rule, you have to be in it to win it - and I keep on forgetting to play! Oh, well, happy Friday everyone!

oksewglad 02-10-2012 08:39 AM

Chele--sew simple and so to the point! Perfect for CQR!
Robin glad you can keep your quilting near you.

kwiltkrazy 02-10-2012 09:11 AM

Wonderful quilt Chele, love the design, and the colors are perfect.

rwquilts 02-10-2012 12:39 PM

The DQ you made Chele is so cute! Great work!

My partner is supposed to get her package today. Hope she does! :)

Lynnie25 02-10-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew (Post 4961144)
... sigh, if I could only win the Lottery so I could quit work and just sew to my heart's content ... but they have a silly rule, you have to be in it to win it - and I keep on forgetting to play!

:( :( is that why I have never won anything. Watched on TV last night a young couple in England won $66million - I would be so happy with a small portion of that. I long for retirement but then I have a dream...... to start up my own quilty flavoured shop - I have so much fun in my shop IN MY DREAMS !

Quilting is going well on your DQ MdmSew'n'Sew

SewExtremeSeams 02-10-2012 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew (Post 4961144)
Wow, seems like everyone else is miles ahead of me, ...

Mdm, not to worry! I am with you, working on mine. We still have 19 days left in the month. What is the hurry? (just jokin')

Jillnjo, here is a teaser for you. I am in the process of making one doll quilt for you and one just like it for me... for once. I have always wanted to do that but this is the first time I will actually complete them both. Enjoy, Nancy!!:)

rwquilts 02-10-2012 03:23 PM

SewExtreme, you are sooo bad! LOL! Got a good chuckle for sure. :)

jillnjo 02-10-2012 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 4962569)
Mdm, not to worry! I am with you, working on mine. We still have 19 days left in the month. What is the hurry? (just jokin')

Jillnjo, here is a teaser for you. I am in the process of making one doll quilt for you and one just like it for me... for once. I have always wanted to do that but this is the first time I will actually complete them both. Enjoy, Nancy!!:)

SewExtreme....that is way too little to even get a guess!!!! I'm tortured now! P.S. I sent yours off today-scheduled to be delivered on Monday! I don't have any way to tease you! Nancy.

SewExtremeSeams 02-10-2012 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 4962850)
SewExtreme....that is way too little to even get a guess!!!! I'm tortured now! P.S. I sent yours off today-scheduled to be delivered on Monday! I don't have any way to tease you! Nancy.

Wow, thank you Nancy. I will be looking for your package. What a treat.

Let's see if I can come up with another teaser... ya know, I only recently learned how to load photos on to this new board! LOL (what fun)