Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   friends know no borders Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friends-know-no-borders-round-robin-t100949.html)

Crafty3790 02-18-2011 05:16 PM

Thanks send a pm

Crafty3790 02-18-2011 05:17 PM

Oh and I turned 50 in sept. Still young at heart.

ElizH 02-18-2011 05:25 PM

Hi!

I have been looking for a way to "connect" a little more with this group. There seems to be so many people on here!

If it is ok, I would like to join this. I have been quilting for a number of years and have lost count of the number of quilts that I have made.

I like the brights - batik kinds of fabrics - in "crazy quilt" style. Not embroidered or silks or anything like that. Just anything BUT a symmetrical straight matching lines traditional kind of block. Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Elizabeth

debe 02-18-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ElizH
Hi!

I have been looking for a way to "connect" a little more with this group. There seems to be so many people on here!

If it is ok, I would like to join this. I have been quilting for a number of years and have lost count of the number of quilts that I have made.

I like the brights - batik kinds of fabrics - in "crazy quilt" style. Not embroidered or silks or anything like that. Just anything BUT a symmetrical straight matching lines traditional kind of block. Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Elizabeth

i think i understand. but the important thing is that those making your rows understands...perhaps when you create your log book you can add a bit more info (plus they will have your sample row to guide them)...i will need your full name and address. you can pm if you would like.

luckylindy333 02-18-2011 05:32 PM

I want to join, but I am going to be gone from March 6th to the 20th. When will the first row be due? I really like scrappy brights and a lot of contrast.

debe 02-18-2011 05:35 PM

okay we have 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We now have a minimum to do a nice quilt for each other. I will cap the number of participants at 9...so if things keeping going this well we can close the group early and i can set up the final list...

any one have a name suggestion for our group yet?

Debbie (the sole Canadian, so far)

debe 02-18-2011 05:40 PM

now have 6...welcome luckylindy333!!!!

Crafty3790 02-18-2011 05:43 PM

I love doing crazy quilts I almost put that myself. Welcome to the group. This is my first round robin but I have been quilting awhile look forward to getting to know everyone.

luckylindy333 02-18-2011 05:47 PM

Hi everyone! I have been quilting for quite a few years. I have a few round robins and row robins under my belt. I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone. I am trying to think of a name. How about Spanning the Seasons? Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, ummmm, Hands Across the Border, Seasons Across the Border, ooooh, I like that one. What do you all think?

debe 02-18-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Hi everyone! I have been quilting for quite a few years. I have a few round robins and row robins under my belt. I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone. I am trying to think of a name. How about Spanning the Seasons? Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, ummmm, Hands Across the Border, Seasons Across the Border, ooooh, I like that one. What do you all think?

i like the border idea...friends know no borders?