Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/friendship-tote-swap-closed-sign-up-t158058.html)

doris.meek13088 11-14-2011 09:17 AM

Do I post a picture of what I made or received?

TiltedEars 11-14-2011 09:24 AM

In the original instructions, our swap leader suggested the following:
Prior to mailing post a picture on the provided thread with your explanation of the topic.
I posted what I made & explained why it fit the topic (although, I think it was rather obvious - chocolate!). Looking forward to seeing more of our tote lovelies!

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088 (Post 4678395)
Do I post a picture of what I made or received?

sewnsewer2 11-14-2011 12:13 PM

Yes, please do!

Oksewnsew 11-14-2011 04:58 PM

Ms Sewnsewer2, your goodies are on their way...You should receive them Wed. or Thurs. she said. I hope you like all. I've really enjoyed this swap, and glad we were partners..

Jean

sewnsewer2 11-14-2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 4680231)
Ms Sewnsewer2, your goodies are on their way...You should receive them Wed. or Thurs. she said. I hope you like all. I've really enjoyed this swap, and glad we were partners..

Jean

Whoo hoo! I will let you know when it arrives. I love the one you made! I'm so excited, thanks!

Crafty3790 11-14-2011 07:41 PM

I sent mine out today with a couple of extra things in it. Please let me know when you receive it.

jaciqltznok 11-14-2011 09:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well, I almost made it out a day early. Due to my busy schedule with the craft shows, and my own health issues, I had to keep setting this aside.

I would get one part done and have to stop..do another and stop...last night while finally getting the FMQ done, my uncle passed away. My mom called to tell me that and that when her phone rang it startled her while she was on her stability ball doing her nightly stretches...anyway...she rolled off the ball wrong, landed on her wrist and broke it in two places...what a night...in the ER calling relatives to tell of my uncle passing crying all the while and then suddenly laughing aloud at my mother's follies...what a long night...

SO...finally after getting a steroid injection in my HEEL this morning, I was able to resume tote bag finishing while in pain...BUT...I got it DONE! It will mail tomorrow(11-15-11)!

NOW for what I hold dear...I hold dear the gifts that I am blessed with. My love of nature and my love of creativity! I took some dyed fabric and did discharge dying on them to create the butter fly and dragon fly.
I used decorative threads & stitches, and NO tote bag pattern! Could be why I kept putting it off!
I dearly love this bag and hope that my swap partner "Cajun Bear" loves it as well!

Here are a couple of pix of the finished bag!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]287802[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]287803[/ATTACH]

lindyline 11-14-2011 10:49 PM

Oh my. That's beautiful. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Hope mum heals soon.
And also hope you feel better soon.

TiltedEars 11-15-2011 03:50 AM

That is one stunning bag. Wow. I have no idea how you did what you did to create the butterfly & dragonfly, but I LOVE it. So sorry to hear that your family is going through such stress & sadness. I'll say a prayer for you.

My bag will begin its journey to TangleJaw today.

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline (Post 4681241)
Oh my. That's beautiful. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Hope mum heals soon.
And also hope you feel better soon.

that technique is called DISCHARGE dying. I just love to use that on batiks, you never know what you might get!