Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

jljack 03-10-2010 10:24 PM

I still only have the 1 lone chicken done...hanging on the design wall, he looks like he's waiting to be picked up!! LOL Anyway, I have 2 WIPs right now, plus the DQ swap, plus the chickens....so,....I'll get it done when I get it done!!!

athenagwis 03-11-2010 05:51 AM

Worked on my “to get to the other side” Chicken blocks last night. I am stumped by the legs mainly. I want to just embroider them, but the fabric is too thin by itself to lay nice, so I think I am just going to do a second layer of another thin fabric behind and stitch through both, hopefully that will give the stitches something to hold on to!! I decided to leave the edges of the chicken itself unfinished (I stitched a little less than a ¼ inch inside the shape), so when washed it’ll have that “rag” look, which will make the chicken fluffy!! :) I will post pics once I am done. I brought them with me to work to get the eyes sew on at lunch.

I also found some fun chicken fabric for my backing, but I bought enough to do another little block, I just have to think of a good idea for it. I think I have 3 sets completely done, I am doing 2 sets of my “other side” chicks and I am hoping to maybe get 2 more sets in. I would like to be able to make a lap size chicken quilt!!

I can’t wait to see all the chicks I get, I suspect there are many floating out there that we haven’t even seen pictures of yet!!

Cheers!
Rachel

sandpat 03-11-2010 06:05 AM

There probably are some more cute ones!!

Remember ladies that when you mail, you need to put an address label on the INSIDE of the package ...include your postage paid (we discussed flat rate) envelope and please don't forget to label you blocks!

Karen 03-11-2010 07:24 AM

I am getting worried....I ordered the Heat Stabilizer and nothing showing as a delivery date..... :cry: I have 1 set cut out waiting on it and I have another that I am going to try...just not quite sure how to do her, hmmm.

sandpat 03-11-2010 08:33 AM

Did you email to ask when they shipped it? I wouldn't worry to much yet....you still have plenty of time. Also..you could use something else as your stabalizer if you need to.

Karen 03-11-2010 11:09 AM

Thank you Patti. Actually it should be here today according to usps. The postlady is really running late, so there is a good chance!!

jljack 03-11-2010 04:12 PM

You can use old dryer sheets for stabilizer in a pinch!!

sandpat 03-11-2010 04:13 PM

Yes you can..and you can leave it on too...it smells nice too...

MadeinMaine 03-11-2010 04:38 PM

Hi, fellow chicken lovers - Here's my update: I have completed one set of 6" squares, two sets of 9" squares, and will finish a set of 12" squares tonight. Then I have one more set of 12" squares that I have the applique stitching half way done. I will try to get some pictures posted this weekend. Patti, thanks so much for doing this - it has been so much fun to see everyone else's creativity and talent. :D :D :D

sandpat 03-11-2010 04:41 PM

WOW Madein!!! You girls all amaze me! *hurrying out to buy more lumber...- I've GOT to enlarge the coop!!!!*