Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

brookemarie19 03-15-2010 06:50 AM

ok, got them all cut out, now just waiting for the next naptime to put them together... if she ever takes another one that is :lol:

Chigger Holler Quilter 03-15-2010 06:59 AM

Hey, Guys! I've picked out my pattern and am gathering the fabrics. I'm thinking I'll do 2- 3x3 sets and 2(hopefully) 9x12 sets. Just putting sashing on current project and then I can begin in earnest. Time to turn the chickens out here on the farm! Happy quilting!

Chigger Holler Quilter 03-15-2010 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
opinions please . . . here is my 3rd guy. He was my favorite until I appliqued him. I'm not really liking him so much now. I think it's the eyes and beak that are bad. Should I do the eyes in white and beak/legs in yellow? I used black because I was concerned they wouldn't show up otherwise. Or should I do everything head to toe in green like the body is already? Any other suggestions? I've decided that machine applique isn't my favorite quilty thing to do, but I am getting lots of practice here. I don't want to send anything out that I wouldn't be happy keeping myself. So please let me know what you'd like to see best for him. Thanks!

Chicken on left is fused, but not appliqued yet. Chicken on right is done, but in question.

These are so cute! The leg joints add sew much. These clucks make me smile when I look at them! Good Job...hope mine are acceptable to you all.

susiequilt 03-15-2010 08:17 AM

I have one more set planned 12x12 if I can get ready for company and sew at the same time.

Chigger Holler Quilter 03-15-2010 08:44 AM

Sandpat, I hope you received my postings with intent to join group. I'm in for 2 sets of 9x12 and 2 sets of 6x6.

athenagwis 03-15-2010 08:52 AM

Sandpat do you need to know what blocks we intend to make by today? I have a few ideas floating around in my head so I'm not sure what my final numbers are yet, but I can figure it out if you need to know!

Thanks!
Rachel

sandpat 03-15-2010 01:07 PM

Love the new chick!!!

Chigger...I got ya' down, don't worry...

And...no...I don't have to know about your blocks patterns or sizes..we just put that up to make anyone doing pre planning for their quilts to be able to see kinda what was out there..also so that we wouldn't ALL make the same sizes...so send what you want to send...it will all work out just great!

Karen 03-18-2010 06:41 AM

WOW! I am excited I have almost finished my last set!! Then off to their new home!!

I really like that stabilizer! Thank you for link Patti!!

sandpat 03-18-2010 06:56 AM

I'm really glad you like it Karen...its kinda cool the way it works isn't it?

Chigger Holler Quilter 03-18-2010 07:19 AM

Good! I've gotten a good start now, so shouldn't have a problem getting them sent off by then. :lol: