Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

tuesy 04-16-2010 03:25 PM

I've got CHICKENS and a couple of EGGS!!! Thank you to everyone who swapped... Sandpat... Thank you for everything!!! Love the extra blocks too!!
I'll try to get them to hold still and get a pic later... gotta get dinner going... people here are hungry!!

jljack 04-16-2010 03:29 PM

My chickens have come home to roost!!! DH called me about half an hour ago to tell me they arrived....long flight from TN to CA!!!! Thanks, Patti....I am so glad they arrived safe & sound. Now I only have 30 minutes to wait to leave work so I can go see them and pet them and welcome them home!!! LOL Can you tell I'm a little excited????

76 and counting 04-16-2010 03:47 PM

My chicks came home today they are so cute now comes the job putting them together

sandpat 04-16-2010 04:03 PM

I'm so glad that they are arriving at their new homes...!! I went back through each group to try to insure that I didn't give anyone duplicates, but you know...things happen so if you do get dups...I'm really sorry...let us know and I'm sure someone will trade with you.

Sazu..don't worry...I ate chocolate while I was sorting and I'm sure a few crumbs fell into your package. The smudges will wash out and they'll have enough to sustain them until that darn ash clears up.

sew cornie 04-16-2010 07:35 PM

Thanks for the picture. There are a couple of them there that I haven't seen before. Looks great! Hoping mine will find their way home tomorrow.

athenagwis 04-17-2010 04:32 AM

Holy Cow ladies!! I picked up my chicks today and they are fantastic!!! :) I am going to try and set them out now and take pics. Thanks everyone!!!

Cheers!
Rachel

athenagwis 04-17-2010 05:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OKay! Got mine all laid out, now I am going to sew!! :) It ended up being 50x66 and sadly I couldn't use all my blocks, I may save the extras for the back though!!! :) Enjoy!

Rachel

Top half
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63312[/ATTACH]

bottom half
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63323[/ATTACH]

whole quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63324[/ATTACH]

MadeinMaine 04-17-2010 05:32 AM

Wow! What great pictures. I am still waiting for mine > maybe today. I'll have to put mine in the egg incubator when they arrive since it's a very cold, damp day here in Maine.
What a great swap / Thanks, Patti!!

sandpat 04-17-2010 05:32 AM

Rachel...that looks great all laid out like that! I'm so glad it worked out so perfectly for you....the blocks ARE amazing, aren't they??? :D :D

Karen 04-17-2010 10:25 AM

Chicks are HOME!!!! I absolutely LOVE them!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Patti
for all of your hard work!! And you wonderful Ladies for the beautiful chicks!!! And the extras!!