Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

sandpat 04-17-2010 03:59 PM

So glad they got there Karen!

charismah 04-17-2010 04:19 PM

Hi Sandpat...I got my blocks today...Thank you for hosting this swap....I LOVE my blocks..they are adorable and I can't wait to put them in a quilt.

sandpat 04-17-2010 04:20 PM

I'm soo glad Charismah.... You are MOST welcome!!!:lol:

Karen 04-17-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
So glad they got there Karen!

Thank you Patti!

I will post a picture or 2 as soon as I get my camera battery charged!

jljack 04-17-2010 10:03 PM

If anyone has any of smaller ones they can't use and would wish to send on to be matched with another flock of chickens, I need a few filler blocks. The ones I got don't fit together in a rectangle. I would be willing to swap FQs for some. Thanks!! Janice

MadeinMaine 04-18-2010 04:23 AM

My flock arrived yesterday and they are so wonderful! I think this has been my favorite swap > such talent and creativity from everyone. Guess that FUNKY brings out the best in us! Thank you, Patti, for all your work and kindness.

sandpat 04-18-2010 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
If anyone has any of smaller ones they can't use and would wish to send on to be matched with another flock of chickens, I need a few filler blocks. The ones I got don't fit together in a rectangle. I would be willing to swap FQs for some. Thanks!! Janice

So sorry about that Janice...I tried to spread the little ones through out for everyone. My original thought was that you can always cut some cute chicken fabric (some of the FQ's you are offering for trade?) into the rectangular sizes that you need? Thats what I will be doing with mine. Or you can make some little pieced blocks to fit in.....I'll probably do that too.

Karen 04-18-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

So sorry about that Janice...I tried to spread the little ones through out for everyone. My original thought was that you can always cut some cute chicken fabric (some of the FQ's you are offering for trade?) into the rectangular sizes that you need? Thats what I will be doing with mine. Or you can make some little pieced blocks to fit in.....I'll probably do that too.

That is what I am going to do also Patti! jljack if you pm me your addy I will send a some chicken fabric. Will post pics as soon as I can find where I put the charger for my camera!

athenagwis 04-18-2010 06:03 AM

I have the following left. I loved ALL the blocks I got and I wish I could have fit them all in my quilt top, but as others have already found, it's a total puzzle fitting them together!!! I am offering these cutie pies up to help others as I know how hard it was for me, and I had the most blocks!! :) Whatever stays with me will end up being used on the back of my quilt most likely, but if I can help someone else, I'd like to. :)

All the extra chickies have found a happy home to roost … yay!!!.

Cheers!
Rachel

Karen 04-18-2010 06:28 AM

Rachel!! Why don't you make a wall hanging with them?! or maybe a floorquilt?! If you would post some pics, maybe we can work a deal!!!

I finally found my charger, so I will post this afternoon both chickens received and also fabric I have a lot of. :lol: :lol: