Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

athenagwis 04-18-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Karen
Rachel!! Why don't you make a wall hanging with them?! or maybe a floorquilt?! If you would post some pics, maybe we can work a deal!!!

I finally found my charger, so I will post this afternoon both chickens received and also fabric I have a lot of. :lol: :lol:

I was thinking that too .... I just don't really have a lot of wall space :( So if someone else can use them in their quilts, then I would rather see them used that way!! :) I will try and post some pics so you can see if they are blocks you already have or not. :)

Cheers!
Rachel

Karen 04-18-2010 06:50 AM

Thanks so much Rachel!!

I also have 4 extra of the chicks I made if anyone would like to trade!

athenagwis 04-18-2010 06:53 AM

Here are the pics, please please please don't be offended if any of these are yours!! I actually loved every single chicken I received, which is actually pretty rare for me in a swap!! :) (Plus if I didn't like them, I wouldn't be offering them to anyone else either ;) LOL) I just sadly couldn't fit them all in my top (which I got sewn together yesterday BTW) .... and I would love to see these beauties go to roost in a good home. :) Please just PM me if you have interest.

All the extra chickies have found a happy home to roost … yay!!!.

Cheers!
Rachel

Karen 04-18-2010 07:14 AM

Ok Rachel! There are 2 here that I would like to trade for!! In the last pic the hen on the nest and in the 2nd pic, the rooster/hen in the barn! Setting top right looking at the pic. Thanks! Karen

susiequilt 04-18-2010 07:16 AM

You already got them sewed together? WOW you are fast.
I can't find my design cloth to even put them up. I just have them spread out on the couch. ( put it away when company came and now I can't find it! Don't you hate that?)
You had a PM.

athenagwis 04-18-2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
You already got them sewed together? WOW you are fast.
I can't find my design cloth to even put them up. I just have them spread out on the couch. ( put it away when company came and now I can't find it! Don't you hate that?)
You had a PM.

I worked all day to get it done, I was very excited about this swap!! :) Now I am planning on doing some embroidering on the top, then I will hand quilt it very simply with some larger embroidery stitches. :)

Cheers!
Rachel

Karen 04-18-2010 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my extra blocks if anyone is interested. I will swap for other chickens that I don't have.

sandpat 04-18-2010 04:05 PM

:lol: :lol: Well...looks like we had a "mini swap within a swap" while I was gone! Glad it worked out for you...I can't wait to see you quilt Rachel...you will post it here won't you???? :D :D

athenagwis 04-18-2010 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
:lol: :lol: Well...looks like we had a "mini swap within a swap" while I was gone! Glad it worked out for you...I can't wait to see you quilt Rachel...you will post it here won't you???? :D :D

Of course!! I'll even post periodic updates as I do some embroidering since I think it may take a while to finish that part, which means it will be a while before my quilt is finished. :) I am already having fun with embroidery though, I haven't done it much before, but so far so good!

Rachel

Karen 04-18-2010 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jljack
If anyone has any of smaller ones they can't use and would wish to send on to be matched with another flock of chickens, I need a few filler blocks. The ones I got don't fit together in a rectangle. I would be willing to swap FQs for some. Thanks!! Janice

I swap you a fat quarter for a fat quarter or a chicken i don't have if you want some of this fabric. It is a real pretty blue! The picture isn't as colorful as I have bad lighting. I made my kitchen curtains with it!