Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   I Spy Picnic Swap *Dead Line to Join is June 9th, 2014* (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/i-spy-picnic-swap-%2Adead-line-join-june-9th-2014%2A-t246196.html)

owlvamp 05-06-2014 09:09 PM

Yes send them in your package to save on shipping. I will get mine ready for you. I can do six sets to if we get a total of seven players this way we don't get ours back.

Library.Lil 05-07-2014 05:03 AM

Is the twist with 5" squares still happening?

PeginCO 05-07-2014 05:16 AM

Yes, I think so, Library lil. If I understand, six people can ALSO send in a Baggie of 15 different 2.5" squares. Btw, my earlier twist pictures are misleading because they show 6 sets of identical prints - the rules say 15 different prints! So my sets will be those prints plus several more. :o

And Owlvamp, I will do a 2.5" Baggie to swap with you and Sewbizgirl, too!!

moonrise 05-07-2014 05:23 AM

I'll send in my six 2-1/2" baggies and hopefully there will be enough to swap. :)

owlvamp 05-07-2014 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Library.Lil (Post 6707208)
Is the twist with 5" squares still happening?

Yes it is! Remember 15 different fabrics in a Baggie .

sewbizgirl 05-07-2014 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6707238)
If I understand, six people can ALSO send in a Baggie of 15 different 2.5" squares.
(snip)
And Owlvamp, I will do a 2.5" Baggie to swap with you and Sewbizgirl, too!!

Well... we need 5 more to do six of these mini sets (15 different). If you can't/don't want to do six sets, we need more than 5 people! Can you do more than one set? Look through your scraps....

owlvamp 05-08-2014 03:28 AM

Yes who sends in 2 1/2 inches I will swap them out. Once you cut up the fifteen you'll have four sets and then do another fifteen you'll have four more sets. That's if you use 30 different fabrics. Hopefully more will send in if not we will do our best. I want to make a few of the I spy books so I can have triples or more doesn't matter to me.

sewbizgirl 05-08-2014 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6708385)
Yes who sends in 2 1/2 inches I will swap them out. Once you cut up the fifteen you'll have four sets and then do another fifteen you'll have four more sets. That's if you use 30 different fabrics. Hopefully more will send in if not we will do our best. I want to make a few of the I spy books so I can have triples or more doesn't matter to me.

Same here... I'm planning to do some I Spy books to donate to the children's hospital so I don't mind duplicates. I had those books in mind when I cut my mini squares.

moonrise 05-08-2014 12:08 PM

My fabric arrived today, and I just finished cutting it. :)

I was unfolding the corn fabric to cut it, and noticed that it seemed a lot bigger than the 1/2 yard that I ordered. It was almost a yard! Then I saw a sticker on it. It said, "Jackpot! You got the end of the bolt!" :D How cool is that? :thumbup:

The fried chicken fabric is particularly awesome. It's so realistic that it looks like a photograph. I had to do some serious fussy-cutting, but I ordered extra of it just in case. :)

Anyway, I'll hit the squares with an iron tomorrow ... it's almost 90 degrees outside, so I don't feel much like ironing right now (LOL!) ... and will get them in the mail early next week.

Library.Lil 05-09-2014 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 6709088)

I was unfolding the corn fabric to cut it, and noticed that it seemed a lot bigger than the 1/2 yard that I ordered. It was almost a yard! Then I saw a sticker on it. It said, "Jackpot! You got the end of the bolt!" :D How cool is that? :thumbup:

That is awesome! What a fun surprise! Who do you order from?