Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ideas for our next block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ideas-our-next-block-swap-t21767.html)

kluedesigns 08-24-2009 01:24 PM

i'm ready to go right into another swap.

i'm cool with any idea except the alphabet quilt, that's just too much work during the holiday season with having to do 26 blocks instead of 12 blocks.

chewboo 08-24-2009 02:43 PM

i agree with klue the alphabet would be too much work during the holiday season

wish i had a good idea but i am just blank right now

blueribbontoes 08-24-2009 02:51 PM

Yeah, that's why I said it wouldn't be due during the holidays.

blueribbontoes 08-24-2009 02:59 PM

I like the chocolate/raspberry idea. :)

kluedesigns 08-24-2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Yeah, that's why I said it wouldn't be due during the holidays.

yes, but we'd still have to work on it during the holidays. a swap with 12 blocks 12 inches in size can be finished in 2 days worth of sewing.

26 applique blocks takes a lot longer than 2 days of sewing.

Teacup 08-24-2009 04:29 PM

The alphabet swap is a darling idea...but those would be big blocks and a lot of them. Maybe if you do this after the holidays, it could be 8 inch blocks...still a nice size to work with for a quilt. I think 12 inches is good if you are only doing 12 for the other swaps.

blueribbontoes 08-24-2009 04:45 PM

I wasn't arguing with you Klue. It seems when ever I have correspondence with you, it gets taken the wrong way. I am sorry if it was interpreted wrong. Type does not convey emotion well.

I am not going to make anyone do the alphabet swap. I thought we were bouncing ideas back and forth.

Maybe after the holidays I will bring up the idea again with 5 inch blocks. Until then, why don't we focus on something else?

kluedesigns 08-24-2009 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I wasn't arguing with you Klue. It seems when ever I have correspondence with you, it gets taken the wrong way. I am sorry if it was interpreted wrong. Type does not convey emotion well.

I am not going to make anyone do the alphabet swap. I thought we were bouncing ideas back and forth.

Maybe after the holidays I will bring up the idea again with 5 inch blocks. Until then, why don't we focus on something else?

i'm not even aware that you & i have a history of me misunderstanding your posts. i can't even remember ever really speaking with you about anything.

in my post i'm not arguing with you, i'm merely explaining that even though you want a due date of feb for the blocks its still hard to get done during the holidays.

it would be best to start the swap in feb and have it due 3 months later in may - just before everyone leaves for summer fun.

just because i suggest different time lines or ideas doesn't mean i'm giving you a hard time.

its merely my opinion and we all don't have to have the same one to get along - its not a personal thing, its just brainstorming ideas.

sewjoyce 08-24-2009 05:18 PM

I'll be ready again in a couple of months -- I hope! :D

Ducky 08-24-2009 05:48 PM

I'm doing the IRR and DJ, so I know I wouldn't sign up for another swap until after the first of the year.