Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

ann clare 03-12-2012 05:53 AM

Me too. I am enjoying showing it off.

leiladylei54 03-12-2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jodie AUS (Post 5051259)
Hi, I have been reading comments about pens from Australia. I sent pens to be sent with each of my FQ's but havent heard about them. Perhaps with all the FQ's and parcels they got mixed up?? Easy to do with the number of swappers in the swap !! Any way, Hope who ever got a pen liked them. They had Australian designs on them.
Cheers, Jodie.
Lara, Victoria, Australia.

I received one of the pens too. I didn't know who sent it along and glad you mentioned it. Thank you....I enjoy twirling it around to look at the different little pictures on it.

gramajo 03-12-2012 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here I go again--trying to post a picture. Wish me luck.

I think I did it!

Here is the top I made using all the FQs I received in the swap. I added 1 piece of fabric I'd bought in the Bahamas years ago and a piece of the corn I sent to represent Illinois. I used the pattern "Ashley's Journey" from "Piece of Pie second edition" byPie Plate Patterns. I cut a 10" piece from each fabric and will use the rest of the FQ in various other projects.

I wanted a quilt for myself incorporating all the fabrics I received. The backing will be fabric my brother & SIL brought back for me from American Samoa. I'm still thinking about how I want to arrange the labels on the back. I'm working on the quilting now & will post pictures when it is finished.

maine ladybug 03-12-2012 02:06 PM

Wow,Gramajo! You made quick work of that! Congratulations and now you'll always have the quilt as a memory of this great swap!

irishphoenix 03-12-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew (Post 5052690)
Hi Jodie -

I received one of your pens and love it. I forgot to mention it because as soon as I opened my squishie it went directly into my purse so no one could abscond with it. People have noticed it everytime I've brought it out to use :) I love that it's refillable, so I expect to have it until I've worn all the printing off and it's so old the cap has cracked and the duck tape has given up on the barrel :D Thank you for such a wonderful item to remember my first fabric swap by!

Hugs

Thankyou Jodie- - I absolutley love it and my first fabric swap as well. Very kind and thoughtful of you-no-one else is allowed to touch it!!:)

TammyB 03-12-2012 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jodie AUS (Post 5051259)
Hi, I have been reading comments about pens from Australia. I sent pens to be sent with each of my FQ's but havent heard about them. Perhaps with all the FQ's and parcels they got mixed up?? Easy to do with the number of swappers in the swap !! Any way, Hope who ever got a pen liked them. They had Australian designs on them.
Cheers, Jodie.
Lara, Victoria, Australia.

I received one, but didn't know who it was from. THANKS so much! I appreciate the extra thought you put into it!

jacquie 03-12-2012 11:41 PM

wow!! jojo!! that was QUICK!!!

you've put us all to shame!! lol...

well done!! you can now say that you get cuddles from all over the world!!! lol...
how lovely!!
xxx jacquie xxx

kiffie2413 03-13-2012 04:56 PM

Gramajo,
What a great job you did on your quilt!!! Thanks for sharing the pic with us, and give yourself a much deserved pat on the back!!
Regards,
Kif

kiffie2413 03-13-2012 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by fitzroytrophies (Post 5038121)
Received my parcel today. Wow it was like Christmas over again.
Will post a photo if I can work out how.
Thank you to the following whos fat quarters I have received.
Some have travelled a long way from your stash to mine.

Ms.Rosalie D'Anostino Johnston RI USA
Wanda Lou Jones OHIO USA
Kiffie 2413 Kandy Texas USA (The Sigature square was awesome)
Kimberly Wispell Rhinebeck NY USA
Quilted Critter Lady Vicki Arizona USA
Sassy Stitcher Donna Kentucky USA
Granmajo Joanne Peotone IL USA
Amy Jo Amy ND USA
MdmSew'n'Sew Susan Pawling, NY USA
--------------------------------------
Gaby Y U JAPAN
Tirolgirl GERMANY
Jacqueline Gibbs SCOTLAND
vIDA hUTCHINSON NORTHERN IRELAND
Hawaiian Fabric not sure who this one was from.

Thank you also to Carsey, for hosting this special swap.

From Lesley Gracemere Queensland Australia
Lesley

So glad you also liked my signature square, too...this is the 1st swap I have signed up for here at qb, certainly won't be the last, sure has been fun!!!
Regards,
Kif

debs 03-14-2012 05:52 AM

RE: Blocks for Carsey's Thank you?

I missed the final size of the blocks & want to send one, but don't know what size it is supposed to be! Any help, please!
TIA