Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Carolinepaco 08-09-2011 09:27 PM

Hi, I'm from the Netherlands, I think I see only one problem with the international swap for me. I can't put dutch stamps on my renturn envelope/postage, because they won't allowed that abroad. I can only use dutch stamps to send something from the Netherlands to other countries. But you can't send dutch stamps for example from USA back tothe Netherlands. So I like to join this swap. But how will I do this? bye bye Caro

Carsey 08-10-2011 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Carolinepaco
Hi, I'm from the Netherlands, I think I see only one problem with the international swap for me. I can't put dutch stamps on my renturn envelope/postage, because they won't allowed that abroad. I can only use dutch stamps to send something from the Netherlands to other countries. But you can't send dutch stamps for example from USA back tothe Netherlands. So I like to join this swap. But how will I do this? bye bye Caro

Hi everyone:

FOR INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS: You can send me the return postage through paypal. If you don't have an account, just log into paypal and it will walk you through setting up an account. It is easy and probably safer than trying to send money orders or checks in the mail going through customs.

I hope this helps!!

Blessings!
Carole

Quiltingshaz 08-10-2011 03:29 AM

This sounds like fun, I would love to take part.
Please let me know what I need to do and if the fabric preferences are for fabric that is specific to this country or just fabric that is manufactured here???

Mrs B 08-10-2011 04:03 AM

Hey you can't do an international swap without any Aussies!!! Count me in and I'll find some Australian designs on cotton fabric to send to you. Hope you get a few more Aussies though Or I'll have to send a few bags so everyone will get one. Would love to have some fabric from Europe cause even though I've just been there I couldn't find any fabric shops, and South Africa, yes please.
Will PM Carsey for the address.

KGoodhand 08-10-2011 05:04 AM

This sounding like it is drawing more attention! Look at all those international people now!!!

pamelainsa 08-10-2011 06:35 AM

Would love to join in but our post is VERY unreliable as well as expensive so don't think I will sign up :cry:

rummage 08-10-2011 07:48 AM

:D :D Sign me up please, I LOVE fabric swaps!!!!
Sue x ;)

WisWis 08-10-2011 08:29 AM

This sounds like a great idea.
Stupid question-should I be sending British fabric?
Looking forward to taking part.
Regards Liz

rummage 08-10-2011 08:37 AM

:roll: Hello Liz,
Sue here from near Stirling (small world!)
I've thought the same thing everytime I get involved in international swaps. Sometimes it's difficult to find fabric with a made in UK stamp on it, most of our fabric seems to come over from America. Having said that, when we were over in America many years ago I was very jealous of their fabric - Ours here in the UK is getting better though.
When I have swapped with overseas swappers, they have often requested something Scottish themed from me, which I must admit, I have had some trouble tracking down over here (LOL!!).
Cheerio for now,
Sue ;)

rummage 08-10-2011 08:42 AM

Mrs B :-D Hello!
I sincerely hope you do join in the swap, Australian fabric is fantastic. I subscribe to Quilts Down Under and have found the fabric available lovely.
I live in Scotland and have travelled in France and Spain and I too have had difficulty finding straight forward fabric shops, of course it doesn't help if you don't speak the language too well!!
Where are you in Australia? I've been to Queensland and loved it. My daughter lives in Brisbane, we hope to get over again next year (finances allowing.........)
Sue ;)