Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

gaby4v 08-12-2011 12:15 AM

Boy, oh boy, the Yen rate is soooo low right now. I hope it will pick up here soon!!! It's only 75 Yen to the dollar....when we got here in Nov. 2009 it was 98 Yen to the dollar, but dropping since then.
I like the idea of a 3 1/2" signature block.

KGoodhand 08-12-2011 05:06 AM

those british fabrics are cool!!!

wyckedquilter 08-12-2011 05:36 AM

Sending a PM :)

Carsey 08-12-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Yvie
Hi

Ooh this swap sounds really interesting - count me in! I've never taken part in a swap before so I'm sorry I will probably have to ask some pretty dumb questions so I don't get anything wrong!

Most of the fabric I buy here in Scotland is made in the US but I know I could send some tartan or I have had a quick look for Scottish/British fabrics and I found these - would they be of any interest?

Yvie: Thanks for joining us!! There are never any dumb questions! We all learn something from questions asked. Your fabrics are wonderful!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 08-12-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
Carsey, I like the sig block/scrap but can I safety pin each one to the fat quarter? Or put each fq in a separate baggie with the sig block/scrap? I think I like this better.

Yvie: pretty fabrics!

See...... We all learn from questions. You answered it beautifully!!!!! :thumbup:

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 08-12-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Oooh! I am excited! There are already swappers from many countries. It will be fun to see how many we get.

So, if we send signature blocks, should they be 3 1/2" (3" finished)?

The signature blocks can be any size you want!!! They don't have to match so go for it!!!! We can all thank THRUMS for getting all of the others countries to join us!!!! She is the BOMB!!!!!!!!

THANKS, Thrums!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 08-12-2011 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Valerie Scherr
Yes I would love to join the swap...let me know where to send the FQs. Also if we send a return envelop we will need to have U.S. Postage correct on it...let me know

Valerie: I will pm you with my address. Yes on the postage. When you send it through your post office, ask them how much it will cost to send it back to you. Put that postage on the return envelope and put it inside of the envelope you are sending to me.

I am so GLAD that you joined us!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 08-12-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by pastorpatricia
please count me in

Welcome!! I will add you to the activity board.

Blessings!
Carole

Crafty1 08-12-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey

Originally Posted by Crafty1
Carsey, I like the sig block/scrap but can I safety pin each one to the fat quarter? Or put each fq in a separate baggie with the sig block/scrap? I think I like this better.

Yvie: pretty fabrics!

See...... We all learn from questions. You answered it beautifully!!!!! :thumbup:

Blessings!
Carole

Hahaha I answered my own question and didn't realize it!
:shock: 8-)

Jenson 08-12-2011 11:41 AM

brilliant idea as it would link everybody that takes part and give us all memories. :lol:
I have some fabric in mind and am thinking about putting a short resume of the type of fabric. :roll: