Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

thrums 08-16-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SewhappySue
Hi, having done international swaps previously ( cardmaking) I know we cannot stamp our envies for return post so can we include dollars for the cost of return postage in the swap parcel?

Carsey has a number of options available to cover postage from addresses outside the US. Contact her for more information.

katvert 08-17-2011 12:47 AM

Ok, I am in.... I have seen some great southern California fabrics - I just hope the LQS still has them.

Quilt Mom 08-17-2011 01:21 PM

Well, I was in the nearest city for my shopping this week, and started my search for FQs for all. What fun to find things that represent my area! I hadn't thought about it before, but there seem to be many ways to do that. At first I wondered if I would end up with the local football team being the only fabric that represented our state. (When we moved to this state, you would have thought the the team was the only important thing in the state. :roll: ) How glad I am that other things are available. Unfortunately, the fabric is not all made in the US. I hope that is okay, because the pieces I found do represent a portion of our area.

Quilt Mom 08-17-2011 01:23 PM

Just a question - If sign-up ends on Jan.5, and packages are to be mailed by Jan. 10, will international packages arrive on time for the swap?

verna2197 08-17-2011 01:24 PM

Does anyone have the address that we are to mail these FQs to?

Mrs B 08-17-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197

Send a PM to Carsey and she will send you her address

kiffie2413 08-17-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks for signing me up...now to pick out some great fqs...and I can't wait to see what comes back!
Thanks again,
K

verna2197 08-17-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs B

Originally Posted by verna2197

Send a PM to Carsey and she will send you her address

got it she got back to me with the address

hobbykat1955 08-18-2011 04:18 AM

OK after days of saying...no more swaps I just sent PM to sign me up. I have joined so many swaps on this site nothing else is getting done. But since I don't have to make anything and just SHOP!!!! and who doesn't love that I'm joining.
And the best is I have two hses one in NY and one in RI and I get to search out fabrics that represent two states...

Carsey 08-18-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Just a question - If sign-up ends on Jan.5, and packages are to be mailed by Jan. 10, will international packages arrive on time for the swap?

Since they need to be here by Jan. 10th I am sure the international packages will be mailed in plenty of time. The Jan. 5th date is for signups.

Blessings!
Carole