Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Carsey 07-25-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by yonnikka
H'mmm, this sounds like an interesting Swap. I see there are currently eleven participants. Could you make a column indicating what Country/Ethnicity/Culture is being swapped by each person? That would help stimulate interest and fire up the imaginations, I believe. For example, I'm in Michigan, but I might want to send in some Japanese kimono cotton, but it is traditionally 13-14 inch width, based on the size of the loom. Would this qualify?

Absolutely! Give me a little time and I will see what I can do!!

Blessings!

Carole

Carsey 07-25-2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i would be interested but i don't see any international people signing up.

should we just send fabric that has an international feel since the swap hasn't really attracted people from other countries.

Yep!! We also have until January to get this done. I am hoping that we will get international people to join us.

Blessings!

Carole

Veronika 07-27-2011 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm interested too. But I'm not sure about the fabrics. The fabrics from the photo call "Bauernstoffe" That are very german fabrics. I'm not sure about the english name - sorry.
Please have a look at the picture and tell, if these fabrics are allowed for the swap!

are these fabrics ok?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232501[/ATTACH]

KGoodhand 07-27-2011 03:08 PM

I would love to be involved as well!!! I would love some international fabric!!! The German fabric looks beautiful!! My MIL was born in Germany!!!

buddy'smom 07-27-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Veronika
I'm interested too. But I'm not sure about the fabrics. The fabrics from the photo call "Bauernstoffe" That are very german fabrics. I'm not sure about the english name - sorry.
Please have a look at the picture and tell, if these fabrics are allowed for the swap!

Oh yes, I just love them and would be so pleased to swap with you.

Crafty1 07-27-2011 03:42 PM

Sent you pm! Sounds like fun :)

Carsey 07-27-2011 04:27 PM

Veri:

Your fabrics are perfect!!!! Please join this swap!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

kydeb 07-27-2011 04:55 PM

I just sent you a PM! I'm looking forward to this. And the German fabric is fantastic!!

oldcatlady 07-27-2011 05:02 PM

Those are beautiful! I would love to have them. My nephew married a Japanese lady and they have traveled to many countries including Germany, which my nephew loved-knowing him it was probably the beer :). So I would love some fabric from other countries to make a project for them.

karen924 07-27-2011 05:02 PM

I love the German fabric and I have a source for fabrics from Zimbabwa(sp?). Really neat batiks, I can find more traditional African or French fabrics to swap.Sorry, I can't part with my Japanese I picked up in Hawaii many many moons ago.