Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Aunt Sue 08-19-2011 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yvie
Hi

Ooh this swap sounds really interesting - count me in! I've never taken part in a swap before so I'm sorry I will probably have to ask some pretty dumb questions so I don't get anything wrong!

Most of the fabric I buy here in Scotland is made in the US but I know I could send some tartan or I have had a quick look for Scottish/British fabrics and I found these - would they be of any interest?

Awesome fabrics! My family comes from England and I have never been there and would love to receive your fabrics. I guess I need to go sign up now!

Carsey 08-19-2011 04:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
ATTENTION everyone...... I received this package and it had a really bad time at the post office. I think I know who it belongs to but I need to show the photos I took and make sure.

Now, the best way to send any FQ's or made blocks, etc. is to wrap them in clear plastic wrap. I put my name and address on the inside with the fabrics. That way, if the postage gobbler rips open the package or envelope, chances are the things will still be intact. I don't know how many FQ's were inside originally and the return postage envelope but this is what I received.

Unfortunately, I can not replace anything. So if this happens, it is up to the person who sent it to replace the FQ's and the return postage envelope and I can send what I received back with their swap. Just pm me and we can work out the details. I am so sorry this happened!!!! If there are any questions, just let me know.

Again, I am so sorry this happened!!

Blessings!
Carole

There are 2 FQ's and a signature block. See the hole in the fabric on the right. I guess that is where the postage machine grabbed it and ripped into the envelope.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243804[/ATTACH]

Another photo with the flash on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243805[/ATTACH]

This is the envelope that the post office put it into.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243806[/ATTACH]

Carsey 08-19-2011 04:26 AM

EVERYONE owes thrums a big "THANK YOU" for getting all of the international swappers to join!!!!!!!! She has been contacting the swappers to let them know about this swap. She is WONDERFUL and has truly made this an "International Swap"!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, thrums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

Quiltingshaz 08-19-2011 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm really excited at the prospect of this swap, even though the logistics of it for us poor internationals in deepest darkest Africa is a bit difficult, we WILL make a plan.
I went looking for some local flavoured fabrics yesterday. Will post some pics when I can figure out how to ;-)

These are some of our VERY 'African' local prints. Hope they'll work for everyone.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243822[/ATTACH]

thelondonzoo 08-19-2011 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
EVERYONE owes thrums a big "THANK YOU" for getting all of the international swappers to join!!!!!!!! She has been contacting the swappers to let them know about this swap. She is WONDERFUL and has truly made this an "International Swap"!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, thrums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

Thank you, thrums!!!

oldcatlady 08-19-2011 05:16 AM

Those are perfect! I'm so excited also. I am going to love whatever I get :) :) :)

Originally Posted by Quiltingshaz
I'm really excited at the prospect of this swap, even though the logistics of it for us poor internationals in deepest darkest Africa is a bit difficult, we WILL make a plan.
I went looking for some local flavoured fabrics yesterday. Will post some pics when I can figure out how to ;-)

Quilt Mom 08-19-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltingshaz

Quiltingshaz, those are wonderful fabrics. :thumbup:

thelondonzoo 08-19-2011 06:41 AM

I love those African prints!!!

mizkyp 08-19-2011 07:47 AM

Quiltingshaz the fabric is wonderful!!! I hope that I get some in the swap.

ging10ging 08-19-2011 09:54 AM

Thanks Thrums for gathering the countries it'll be a lot of fun that way. Sue