Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

thrums 08-29-2011 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by LittleMo
I have a couple of metres of Australian native wildflowers, which I have had for several years and will never use. Sign me up!

Sounds great!

PM Carsey and she'll register you as well as give you information on shipping.

thrums 08-29-2011 05:48 AM

Wow! Check out the last link on Carsey's initial message (top of page 1) to see all the participants we have. It's truly international!

Thanks to everyone who has signed up. It should be a great exchange!

KGoodhand 08-29-2011 06:11 AM

I am so excited!! Thrums you have been a busy person!! I am so excited to see where everyone is from and thinking about where some of the fabric is from! How cool!! I have always wanted to go to Australia! Now I may get a small piece of it without the extra expense!!! LOL

heather1949 08-29-2011 06:31 AM

Yes from another Aussie. Would be thrilled to contribute and participate. Shall PM you.

thrums 08-29-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I am so excited!! Thrums you have been a busy person!! I am so excited to see where everyone is from and thinking about where some of the fabric is from! How cool!! I have always wanted to go to Australia! Now I may get a small piece of it without the extra expense!!! LOL

I finished my trip around the world QB style last night. I even found a quilter in Anarctica!

yolanda 08-29-2011 07:47 AM

This may be a silly question but here in the U.S. most of the fabric is not really made here... so... can we use that? Also, much of the fabric I buy (LQS designer) is available all over.. isn't it? I would like to participate but don't know what I would buy that others can't get...??

buddy'smom 08-29-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by thrums

Originally Posted by KGoodhand

I finished my trip around the world QB style last night. I even found a quilter in Anarctica!

I'm so excited as well, thanks so much, this is gonna be an awesome swap for sure and we must not forget the hostess for all her work & time in this for us..

Quilt Mom 08-29-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by yolanda
This may be a silly question but here in the U.S. most of the fabric is not really made here... so... can we use that? Also, much of the fabric I buy (LQS designer) is available all over.. isn't it? I would like to participate but don't know what I would buy that others can't get...??

Frankly, you can get things in your area that I can't get in mine, and we are both in the US. I find the store owners have their own ideas of what is good for quilts. And of the many stores in my area, I have not found any that duplicate their collections! The southwest designs are usually not found outside that region. And that's only one example. So send what is available to you. It will most likely not be what the rest of us send.

And, yes, most of us are aware the fabric available is not made in the US, for the most part.

littleone 08-29-2011 02:41 PM

This sounds like so much fun and a neat way not only to add to your collection but also to meet others from around the world. Count me in. Dar

capucine 08-29-2011 03:48 PM

Hi Carsey.
I would love to join in sound like fun and something to look forward to. I have sent pm to you, :)