Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

hobbykat1955 09-05-2011 03:25 PM

Gee I went fabric shopping today and just for info I looked at where the fabric is coming from...never really paid attention before...WOW...no USA...but everywhere else...china, s korea, indonesia, I might be heading back to the antique shops and checking out some I've seen in boths to see if I can acquire more made in the USA

mim 09-05-2011 03:51 PM

A lot of the pottery made in Maine uses clay from Blue Hill -- the color of the unfired clay. It fires into a light grey or tan. I like to go to the craft fairs every year. I get all my serving dishes from local potters. They add so much to the beauty of the table.
Mim

Originally Posted by thrums
I have some blueberry pattened pottery from a Maine visit. One of my favorite coffee cups!

Originally Posted by rummage

Originally Posted by mim
i love the idea -- There are so many Maine themed fabrics that I will have fun picking them out -- moose, lobsters, lighthouses and blueberries.

Mim

Wow! I would love some of them, (fingers and toes crossed).
I don't know why but I've had a passion for all things 'Maine' for as long as I can remember:roll: In fact I just received a windbell made in Maine from a little shop over here called the Bluebery Store, it's full of all things American.

Sue (aka rummage) x ;)

thelondonzoo 09-06-2011 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have received some packages from:

Verna2197
Regina loves fabric
TheLondonZoo

They are gorgeous!! I jhave updated the activity board with the info.

Blessings!
Carole

Hooray! I'm so glad you got them. DH and I are in the process of moving so when we get our new address I'll send you updates for my FQs and the $1 for the delivery confirmation. ;) Thanks!

lucniak 09-07-2011 04:05 AM

need address???

Carsey 09-07-2011 08:06 AM

Hi everyone:
I am sorry that I have not been on the board for a little while. My brother has cancer and I have been going back and forth to Jacksonville to spend as much time with him as I can and to help out my sister-in-law who is exhausted. This past Sunday September 4th they had to take him to Hospice. I do not want him left alone at all, so I am staying with him in the room all night. We don’t know how long he has but I will be with him as long as it takes. I brought my laptop with me and finally got organized enough to use it. I will check in as much as I can. GOD bless you all!!
Blessings!
Carole

mim 09-07-2011 08:45 AM

Carol, I am so sorry. You will be blessed by staying with your brother. My prayers are with you all

Mim

Quilt Mom 09-07-2011 09:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I too will be praying for all of you as you go through what is ahead. It is good you can go to stay with him.

thorlori 09-07-2011 12:23 PM

I am so lucky to have many friends that live all over the world, I have in my collection fabric from, Myanmar, (Burma), Philippines, Israel, Norway, Germany, and Uganda. Can't wait to find just the right pattern.

lucniak 09-07-2011 01:17 PM

sorry for your troubles,know you are in my prayers.

hobbykat1955 09-07-2011 01:33 PM

Just purchased my fabrics for the trade...some represent NYC, some RI (New England) and I have a floral vintage Made in the USA I'll cut into FQ's to share....I'm not going to rush and send since we have until Jan...Might find some other fabric while antiqueing or visiting QS's...