Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

gramajo 11-08-2011 07:15 PM

I can't get to the activity page. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer says it can't be found. Earlier I read that the link didn't transfer to the new board. Has it been reposted and I just can't find it. Or is it gone forever? If anyone knows, please help me.

kydeb 11-09-2011 05:34 AM

I've signed up but haven't gotten my FQs yet. I learned from a friend yesterday that a LQS about 40 miles away carries international fabrics. I'm so excited!!!! I can actually get something that is not the same ole stuff!! She got some Australian fabrics and did a quilt and they are BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to go see what they have!!
Debbie in KY

fayzer 11-09-2011 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 4651758)
oh ok sounds doable.....how big a piece do you send with each FQ?.

I printed my labels out, ten to a sheet. I cut them apart and used a post card to fold the fabric under so I could iron the edges under nice, sharp and even. My finished, Ironed labels are the size of a business card. Your labels can be any size you want. You could cut out white/cream rectangles and sign them with a Sharpie. That is what I was going to do until I found the printable fabric and the business cards on my computer.

suechr1 11-09-2011 05:52 PM

I'm in but I'm from Canada so should I send a cheque for postage as Canadian postage can not be used in USA.

walk-n-roll 11-10-2011 09:40 AM

I just read all 54 pages of this thread and am very excited to join this swap. I just sent my PM to Carsey. I really hope we can retrieve the list of participants along with their locations.

gramajo 11-10-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll (Post 4661670)
I just read all 54 pages of this thread and am very excited to join this swap. I just sent my PM to Carsey. I really hope we can retrieve the list of participants along with their locations.

I too hope the list of participants can be retrieved.

sewgarden 11-10-2011 12:18 PM

I doubt that we have fabrics made in Australia but I'm just looking for things that are uniquely ours like our animals or our flora. I'm looking forward to receiving the international fabrics too.

fayzer 11-10-2011 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 4656347)
I printed my labels out, ten to a sheet. I cut them apart and used a post card to fold the fabric under so I could iron the edges under nice, sharp and even. My finished, Ironed labels are the size of a business card. Your labels can be any size you want. You could cut out white/cream rectangles and sign them with a Sharpie. That is what I was going to do until I found the printable fabric and the business cards on my computer.

Here is a photo of my lable. Made with a program downloaded from Avery Lables.:thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286148[/ATTACH]

walk-n-roll 11-11-2011 04:17 AM

Very nice label, Fayzer. Thanks for sharing.

Junotea 11-11-2011 04:22 PM

Hi I am new to this board. I have done swaps in crochet before. I love swaps. How many fat quarters would we be sending each person? I guess I am the only International one so far. LOL