Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

mirabelle 12-31-2011 02:13 PM

Happy New Year everyone, Carsey would love to see a photo of aallllll those packages you have received, the postman must have been curious.
Looking forward to receiving my fat quarters

heyuitsme 12-31-2011 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by ligia (Post 4827491)
I'm the only one to wait patiently .... because mail takes a month to get here ! ;)
A Happy New Year to everyone

oh, that is sad...and a patience builder. :) happy new year!

Barley 01-01-2012 12:02 PM

Just a thought - I'm getting ready to send my "fat quarters" tomorrow. To make sure I have this right, I'm suppose
to include: 1 fat quarter, 1 six inch signature block, 1 label with name & address, and put in a plastic bag. Place items in an envelope and include a return stamped self-addressed envelope. Is this correct? I'm not aware of any forms. Don't have access to a printer if there is a form to print out.

gramajo 01-01-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barley (Post 4831150)
Just a thought - I'm getting ready to send my "fat quarters" tomorrow. To make sure I have this right, I'm suppose
to include: 1 fat quarter, 1 six inch signature block, 1 label with name & address, and put in a plastic bag. Place items in an envelope and include a return stamped self-addressed envelope. Is this correct? I'm not aware of any forms. Don't have access to a printer if there is a form to print out.

Barley, You don't have to print out the form. Just be sure to include your board name, real name & full address, country, the date, # of FQs enclosed and either US prepaid postage enclosed or the date you sent postage money to Carsey on PayPal.

wanda lou 01-01-2012 03:59 PM

Can't wait to get my FQ's I am already planning a quilt , wall hanging or table runner..

Barley 01-01-2012 04:21 PM

gramajo, thank you for your help. I think I've got it.....

tropit 01-01-2012 04:36 PM

I've got mine packed and ready to go. This is so exciting!!!

There was a hidden bonus for me in doing this. I just moved to a completely new locale and honestly, most of my stuff (including the Q-stash) is stored somewhere, in containers on the property, while we are building our house. There was no way that I could find that stuff and dig through my stash, so I had to buy it. Being new in town, I started searching for some cool stores and after a couple of misses I found one! Verrry cool! All gorgeous, imported fabrics from all over the world! Very reasonably priced! Run by a group of art quilters who tend to think outside the box...I like that! So, lucky me! It was a tiny bit hard to give up my new finds, but I can go back for more. I hope that the recipients like the FQs as much as I do.

~ Cindy

tropit 01-01-2012 05:01 PM

I'm looking at the list of participants...they're from everywhere! I'll be thrilled with anything that I get, however, I'm hope that I get something from any the following places:

Durham, England - Because "Durham" is my maiden name and I have ancestors from there.
North Dakota - I have ancestors from there too...Casselton, ND
Baveria, Germany - My husband's family is from there (I'm married to an "Alpers"... as in, the people from the Alps)
Ireland - Yup...ancestors from there too, lots of 'um.
Australia - No ancestors there, but I've spent a lifetime wishing I could go there. Who knows, I might run into someone related to me...LOL
Hawaii - Lived there for many years...Kauai
Missouri - More ancestors
Minnesota - Lots of old family from there too.

I just may have family from many other places that FQs are coming from...I don't want to count anyone out. :D
Thanks for doing this Carole.

~ Cindy

carolaug 01-01-2012 05:12 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I know folks get upset when mentioned, but there is a difference. I find that the material at my LQS is so much thicker and they have sales that are just as cheap as Joanns or Walmart but much better quality. No not a quilt snob...just like the thicker fabric so it feels nicer and lasts longer.

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 (Post 3810625)
Just wondering if the FQ's will be quilt shop quality?

Quilt Mom 01-01-2012 08:57 PM

Happy New Year to everyone!

Carsey, I wish I was close enough to come help you with the swap. You must be buried in packages right about now. Thank you so much for the suggestion and for hosting this swap. It will be such fun to see the fabrics from so many different places!