Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Carsey 01-03-2012 06:09 AM

You would be surprised. NO, I don't have that many packages yet. The mail has not ran since Saturday so I am looking for more today. I will try to post a photo of what I have so far. They are all in the orignal packages. I will not start swapping until the last date and I get all of the ones that are supposed to be here. Then, look out!!! That is when it will get crowded. I try not to pull the FQ's out of the packages when I get them. I log the packages in and put them in a safe keeping place that I have for them.

Blessings!
Carole

walk-n-roll 01-03-2012 06:52 AM

I sent 34 FQ's on their way this morning. Since there are several of us from PA I decided to take advantage of the local International fabric shop. I sent Kona Bay Japanese prints. I am hoping they will add to the international feel of our projects and that everyone will like them. Anxious to see what comes back to me.

Barley 01-03-2012 11:40 AM

Carsey, Sent my package of fat quarters to you today.

maine ladybug 01-03-2012 12:11 PM

January 5th is almost here! Carsey, I would love to see a picture of all the goodies you have received. It's getting exciting now!

oldcatlady 01-03-2012 06:32 PM

I should be able to mail mine out this friday or saturday :) I'll let you know when I do.

zennia 01-04-2012 05:55 AM

HELP I cant find my fabric. Bought it several months ago thinking i had lots of time. Now i hope I can find it today.

MdmSew'n'Sew 01-04-2012 06:43 AM

I think a fat quarter is either a yard or a meter, cut in half lengthwise and again on the center fold - so it is a 1/2 yard or 1/2 meter long by half of the width of your fabric - easy peasy, nothing to stress about.

BTW, I sent a PM to Carsey to join this, hope she sees it before tomorrow and adds me to the list!

shayzamn 01-04-2012 07:09 AM

Mailing mine today - I THINK it's 25 pieces.... I'll have to re-count before I mail. :)

Shay

Crafty3790 01-04-2012 09:55 AM

I sent mine out today if there's extra money use it for someone who is short.

heyuitsme 01-04-2012 11:18 AM

lol, I was soo worried I was one of the last ones to mail it out. I hear ya Zennia, I joined up back in Oct. thinking I had plenty of time, then it was suddenly december! yikes, the time sure does fly...that is until now when we are waiting to see all the pretty things we get back. :)

anyone have plans for their quarters? I'm thinking I want to make a lap/throw quilt for our living room. My husband and I both traveled before getting married and I've decorated our living room with some international flare, so a fun modern style quilt with the fq's is what I'm thinking, but I'll have to see what comes in to decide exactly what I'm doing.