Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Carsey 01-19-2012 10:19 AM

ooooooohhhhhhh COLD!!!! When hot flashes hit, that sounds good!!! It is 52 degrees here and when I have my hot flashes, my husband tells me to "go outside and cool off". lol

Stay inside and light the fire. A cup of coffee or hot chocolate by the fireplace sounds heavenly to me. I guess it's the old addage of "we want what we don't have". lol

No worries, I will figure it out and come up with a good system!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

debs 01-19-2012 10:42 AM

OH My Goodness!

Carole,

That definitely is a lot of pkgs to go through! And to figure out who will get what will be a daunting task! I guess you'll have to write down what everyone sent & wants & sort it out on the living room floor!!! Or some big activity room somewhere! Do you think you will come up with another swap that will be as active as this one? I do believe you to be the QB Queen of swaps with this one.

Good Luck sorting & of course take your time as we know the postal service will definitely take theirs!

Hugs to you for doing this & have a great day!

Debs

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 4890002)
I received some more!!!!!! YEA!!!! They are certainly worth the wait!!!!

Annlil
Dorrylu
eagleoneowl2u2
irishphoenix
JoyMar
Kooklabell
newjeepgreen
mdmSew'n'Sew
sewgarden

So, I am trying to come up with a fool proof way for everyone to get something from over seas. I want to put all of the same state packages in one stack and the overseas packages in another area. I want the people from NY (for example) to get FQ's from the other states and overseas. So..... that is my next organizing project. Any ideas are welcome!!

I am trying to post some photos.

Blessings!
Carole

jacquie 01-19-2012 11:59 AM

wow ohhh wow!!!!

your postman must be wondering what on earth is going on!!! lol...

my goodness gracious!!! i wish i could help you out!!!
hold on while i jump on a plane!! lol...
(wish i could!!)

irishphoenix 01-19-2012 03:00 PM

That's huge. I am really sad lol I spent ages looking at the photo's trying to spot my parcel!! Glad you got it though Carole -and thank-you so much. Its an enormous swap, I honestly didn't realise how large it was till i read all the posts, so thank you again for all your hard work-wish I was there to help!

thrums 01-20-2012 12:44 AM

I too sent some extra Forever stamps. Feel free to use them on other packages.

sistahdebbra 01-20-2012 03:04 AM

Your idea sorting by state and overseas sound like a good plan - I wouldn't try to do a sort by people "wants". That would just add an "un-needed" worry/strain on you. Wish I could help you out, you do have a hugh job ahead of you.

oldcatlady 01-20-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew (Post 4889766)
I sent some extra stamps in my package also, just in case there were some packages that were short ... the man at the PO said that some fees were going up but the Priority envelopes weren't, so anyone who sent Priority envelopes should be golden unless their return package weighs a lot more than the one they sent out (could happen if they wind up with a bunch of international fabrics, meters being a little larger than yards). Please take your time to sort these all out, I will be happy whenever it gets to me, no rush. Thanks, Carsey, for letting me join in and for doing all the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively) in this!

I got a list of the increases at the post office today. it says the flat rate priority 12 1/2x9 1/2 or smaller is $5.15 and the legal size is $5.30. I don't think there was a cost difference between the two before, was there? I know I used the $4.95 stamp on both sizes and it went through.

carrot 01-20-2012 03:23 PM

I totally agree... way too many for you to think about what people "want". I hope you do it the easiest possible way you can !

Originally Posted by sistahdebbra (Post 4892130)
Your idea sorting by state and overseas sound like a good plan - I wouldn't try to do a sort by people "wants". That would just add an "un-needed" worry/strain on you. Wish I could help you out, you do have a hugh job ahead of you.

Carsey 01-20-2012 05:51 PM

You all just lift my spirits!!! None today. Maybe tomorrow.

Blessings!
Carole

maine ladybug 01-20-2012 07:22 PM

Wow Carsey, you are great! What a wonderful idea you came up with for sorting through all that fabric and getting it done. I'm truly impressed. ( and way excited!! )