Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Carsey 01-24-2012 08:06 AM

International FQ Swap

2 Attachment(s)
I received 2 yesterday from across the pond!!!!! Yvie from Scotland and Frankie from Australia. YEA!!!! I am still waiting on several more. It looks like we might end up with somewhere around 115. Still not sure.

Crafty 3790, Walk-n-Roll and Main Ladybug sent a beautiful package to show their appreciation for my mailman. I am overwhelmed and humbled with the GIVING HEARTS of everyone!!!! I gave "Mike the mailman" his gift and he was so surprised and happy. I posted a few photos. Mike is still holding the 2 packages from Yvie and Frankie. I thought that I could get the FQ's back in the mail to you by Jan 31st or as close as possible to that date. I still might be able to be pretty close to that date. (It all depends on the mail from overseas).

Thank you all for your patience and understand. Also for your suggestions on how to sort!!

Blessings!
Carole

maine ladybug 01-24-2012 08:24 AM

I'm so happy he liked the gift. Thanks for the pictures!

walk-n-roll 01-24-2012 10:42 AM

Thanks for the pictures. We appreciate you and Mike! Hearing of the overseas arrivals builds the excitement.

Crafty3790 01-24-2012 03:56 PM

Glad he liked them.

ligia 01-25-2012 02:35 AM

What a nice idea ! :thumbup: It is you in the pic with Mike, right ? :D

amyjo 01-25-2012 08:13 AM

you can see her on the screen door taking the picture. Yay--hope you don't let this keep you from doing another swap. I wished I was able to get some different fabric than what I did send you. Cound not find anything with ND on it anywhere. So sorry. Amy:thumbup:

thrums 01-25-2012 08:19 AM

I'm sending some extra stamps your way to help those affected by the postage increase.

heyuitsme 01-25-2012 09:05 AM

To everyone who has offered/sent extra postage/money:
Thank you very much. I'm really hoping I sent enough postage, but am thinking my package may be one of the recipients of your stamp generousity. Since sending in my package, our car has broken down (twice) and funds are super tight. What a blessing so many of you are...your sending lovely little gifts for the mailman, offering tape and postage, and your many kind words of encouragement and patience to Carsey. This is my first experience on the Quilting Board, and everyone is making it very pleasant.
just wanted to say thanks.

fayzer 01-26-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom (Post 4903713)
fayzer, I did the same with the priority box and stamps. When I checked with the post office, I was told the rates went up. (40 cents for the medium size box) You may want to check.

You are right. Originally the post office said the regional boxes would not be included in the rate increase. I guess they changed their minds. My regional A box is .11cents short.

Carsey 01-27-2012 03:13 PM

I just can't THANK you ALL so much for your generosity, prayers, kind words...... and the list goes on!!!!! I just got a pm about another one on the way. YEA!! Oh, yes, that is me in the screen door.

Hang in there, it won't be long now!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole