Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

heyuitsme 02-09-2012 08:05 AM

oh sandy, I live in manitowoc...where do you go for your fabric shopping? Any good quilting stores there?

kiffie2413 02-09-2012 02:49 PM

:thumbup::thumbup: Good for you Carole! Just don't overdo, ok??.. I am sure you are ready to get it all done, too...and get your house back...lol...
Take care,
Kif

Carsey 02-09-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 4959451)
:thumbup::thumbup: Good for you Carole! Just don't overdo, ok??.. I am sure you are ready to get it all done, too...and get your house back...lol...
Take care,
Kif

Boy, you aren't kidding!! I have them all in the Dining room and sorted in bins and containers. My Husband is so wonderful, he never complains about the house being messy, the dining table hidden under fabric, containers all on the floor........... I am truly blessed!!!!

I did not get as many done today as I wanted, but more and more are being completed! My goal is to have all of them ready to go out (the Lord willing) on Monday when I take my Mother to get her coumadin checked. I will be going to the post office and I know they are going to hate me!! But then again, this will help them keep their jobs. lol

Have a good evening, everyone!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

mirabelle 02-09-2012 08:17 PM

I knew that quilters would keep the economy bubbling along, please pm me with postage Carole and I will Paypal asap

Quilt Mom 02-10-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 4960045)
I will be going to the post office and I know they are going to hate me!! But then again, this will help them keep their jobs. lol

Carole

Carole, if the postal workers grouse, just smile and tell them you want them to be there for a long time, and this is your way of insuring their jobs! LOL!!

It sounds like you have been doing a great job of getting the fat quarters distributed. I am looking forward to seeing the box come traveling home. It will be such fun to see all the different fabrics, and learn their origin.

I hoe the envelope with extra postage arrived safely. I can see where it might have slipped between the cracks, with all that fabric to sort!

Thank you so much for thinking of this, and being willing to organize and host it.

maine ladybug 02-10-2012 10:56 AM

Don't worry about the postal workers, that's what they are getting paid to do!

Besides, WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!

Carsey 02-10-2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4960430)
I knew that quilters would keep the economy bubbling along, please pm me with postage Carole and I will Paypal asap

I will let you know!!

Carsey 02-10-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom (Post 4961921)
Carole, if the postal workers grouse, just smile and tell them you want them to be there for a long time, and this is your way of insuring their jobs! LOL!!

It sounds like you have been doing a great job of getting the fat quarters distributed. I am looking forward to seeing the box come traveling home. It will be such fun to see all the different fabrics, and learn their origin.

I hoe the envelope with extra postage arrived safely. I can see where it might have slipped between the cracks, with all that fabric to sort!

Thank you so much for thinking of this, and being willing to organize and host it.

I am keeping a list of everything that I receive so I will let everyone know when all this is done. Thank you so much!!

Blessings!
Carole

Carsey 02-10-2012 05:12 PM

Here is another update: I had to take some time off and take my 82 year old Mother out shopping for groceries and other errands today. I still got some swapped and sealed up!! YEA!! Hang in there, they are coming!!

Blessings!
Carole

heyuitsme 02-10-2012 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 4963093)
Here is another update: I had to take some time off and take my 82 year old Mother out shopping for groceries and other errands today. I still got some swapped and sealed up!! YEA!! Hang in there, they are coming!!

Blessings!
Carole

aww, horray for mommy time! :) I'm sure you both enjoyed each other's company very much. Hanging around fabric piles all day, beautiful though it may be, would be a little tedious...they are not the best conversationalists I would think. :D have a great day!