Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

Barley 02-16-2012 03:09 PM

Nice selection Abonda..... Looks like Carsey has the "fat quarters" in motion.....

Carsey 02-16-2012 03:42 PM

More went out today!!!! YEA!!!! Still more to go. Must get busy.... must get busy...... must get busy..... Yea, I must get busy!!!!! These FQ's want to get to their new homes!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

heyuitsme 02-17-2012 08:09 AM

no package today...so will just have to stalk here for pics from others. :)

verna2197 02-17-2012 08:55 AM

Got my package yesterday. Thanks so much to everyone who made this work. Awesome swap.

leiladylei54 02-17-2012 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ohhhh, my package arrived late yesterday!!! Such wonderful and beautiful fabrics!!! I have fabrics from Kentucky, Washington, Wisconsin, Tennessee, New York, Arizona, Florida, Maine, Texas, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Ohio, Illinois, and two of my fabrics (on the very bottom of the photo) are from Australia and Nova Scotia. Oh ALL the fabrics are soooo wonderful!!! Hope you all enjoy your package as much as I do.....thank you Carsey for hosting this terrific swap and all your hard work to put it together!!!!

maine ladybug 02-17-2012 12:48 PM

Your one of the first round lucky ones!! Lovely selection you received. I think I know which one is from Maine. LOL

heyuitsme 02-17-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug (Post 4983856)
Your one of the first round lucky ones!! Lovely selection you received. I think I know which one is from Maine. LOL

lucky is right! :D I'm going to be out of town next week (going with just hubby to a marriage retreat, which will be spectacular, but...) I will also be wondering if my fabrics came in!!! :D again, I'm not obsessed at all. nope, not one bit. :D

thanks for the hard work Carsey!

leiladylei54 02-17-2012 02:26 PM

Once Carsey said she began mailing out the fat quarters, I wasn't banking on getting mine any time soon so it was such a surprise. I think my DH thought I was nuts when he brought the package in and I looked at the return address and yelled...."YES!!!!" LOL All are really super nice.....even the so called U.S. stuff that most of us can obtain or find.....hard to decide which is a favorite. That Seattle one looks so great and fun, the one with all the Lighthouses and that fabric from Nova Scotia, all the flowers on the one from Australia....oh I can't choose which is the prettiest. I am thinking how nice some would have made a needle book or needle case....but on second thought...whether the fat quarter colors match or not.....I should just sew them all together as a memory quilt of the International Fabric Swap of 2012. That would be the best....to have such a fond memory.

ljdugas31 02-17-2012 04:20 PM

Nice collection!!!!!!

gramajo 02-17-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 (Post 4984093)
.....I should just sew them all together as a memory quilt of the International Fabric Swap of 2012. That would be the best....to have such a fond memory.

Leiladylei,

That's almost what I'm thinking too....or at least a Big Block-tye quilt so I can showcase all the great fabrics I know I'll receive. I also want to incorporate the labels somehow on each different fabric. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.....although waiting is getting harder by the day. :D