Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

maine ladybug 02-18-2012 03:13 PM

Hip Hip Hooray!!! Mine are on the way.....OH, I made a poem!

Crafty3790 02-18-2012 03:40 PM

I got mine today thank you so much everyone and also especially Carsey for all her hard work.
As to making blocks its a great idea but I think we might want to make small blocks or Carsey may end up with 100 blocks if there smaller if enough do it she can have a nice top. Just an idea.

walk-n-roll 02-18-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug (Post 4986853)
Hip Hip Hooray!!! Mine are on the way.....OH, I made a poem!

Mine too! I am so excited!!!

wanda lou 02-19-2012 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yippy.... mine are here and yes I got a piece from Ireland.

wanda lou 02-19-2012 12:42 AM

Thank you Carsey for a great swap. This was so much fun.

Mrs B 02-19-2012 03:26 AM

Thank you Carsey, looks like Australia is about to be swamped in fat quarters from all over the world! Watch the letter boxes in about 10days time!
As to the Thank You block for Carsey my humble suggestion: A six inch white block with a two inch border of fabric from your state/country. In the white section write/embroider:
International Fabric Swap 2012
Your real name
Your state/country
Your board name
Thank You Carsey

This would give her lots of ten inch sqares to make a quilt top. I'm happy to send one like this or any other suggestions.

thrums 02-19-2012 03:36 AM

Thank you block for Carsey

Mrs. B That sounds like a great idea!

A six inch white block with a two inch border of fabric from your state/country.

In the white section write/embroider:

International Fabric Swap 2012
Your real name
Your state/country
Your board name
Thank You Carsey

Let's try to get it to her by the end of March.

irishphoenix 02-19-2012 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 4987844)
Yippy.... mine are here and yes I got a piece from Ireland.

Cool Wanda Lou- I am so glad you got mine..this is so exciting!!

carrot 02-19-2012 07:30 AM

I really like Mrs B suggestion for her block........another one I have done is a half square triangle.....one half white or off white and the other half your fabric from your area. these could be 6 to 8 inches and Carsey would not have to sash or worry about butting up two fabrics next to each other..........does this make sense ??!!! Anyway.....I will do whatever the majority decides.

amyjo 02-19-2012 07:48 AM

Sounds great to me. whatever someone wants -- I know she did a lot of hard work for this swap. I definitely want to be in another one if anyone decides to do it again. Anticipation is almost better than for Christmas--because most of us know what we will get for Christmas and this will be a total surprise. Thanks everyone.