Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

maine ladybug 02-19-2012 09:16 AM

Just my humble opinion, but I think 10" blocks are a little big since she'll be getting so many. I like the idea of the 6 or 8 inch blocks that are 1/2 square triangles. The a light side to sign with the information you have said and a darker side that is from your state fabric or something that represents your area. As I said, that's JMHO.

gramajo 02-19-2012 01:24 PM

Oh yeah, oh goodie, hip hip hooray :thumbup: --mine were mailed yesterday. :D

Mrs B 02-19-2012 02:46 PM

Thank you maine lady bug for your response. I was aiming for an 8 inch block when I wrote last night must have been tired. carrot I love the idea of the triangles and if we all decide that's the way to go lets do it and get it to Carsey by the end of March as Thrums said.

gramajo 02-19-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug (Post 4988771)
Just my humble opinion, but I think 10" blocks are a little big since she'll be getting so many. I like the idea of the 6 or 8 inch blocks that are 1/2 square triangles. The a light side to sign with the information you have said and a darker side that is from your state fabric or something that represents your area. As I said, that's JMHO.

Count me in--8" HST block, 1/2 light, 1/2 our state fabric. One block seems like such a little thing from each of us with all the time and energy Carsey has put into this swap.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Carsey :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You're the greatest.

carrot 02-19-2012 05:56 PM

Sounds like a plan man !!!!!:p

Originally Posted by Mrs B (Post 4989509)
Thank you maine lady bug for your response. I was aiming for an 8 inch block when I wrote last night must have been tired. carrot I love the idea of the triangles and if we all decide that's the way to go lets do it and get it to Carsey by the end of March as Thrums said.

walk-n-roll 02-19-2012 06:20 PM

8" HST, I'm in. Will definitely have it sent before the end of March. Let's aim for all 100 of us to participate!

mirabelle 02-19-2012 11:03 PM

I'm in, just a quick thought, what side of the HST do we make light for our signature. We have to make sure they are all going the same way or Carsey will get a sore neck trying to read signatures upside down

maine ladybug 02-20-2012 05:16 AM

I guess I was thinking the bottom would be the lighter, signature side. What were you thinking?

gramajo 02-20-2012 06:36 AM

So the seam runs from lower right to upper left with the cream/white fabric on the left side?

Quilt Mom 02-20-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug (Post 4990800)
I guess I was thinking the bottom would be the lighter, signature side. What were you thinking?

This sounds good to me. An 8" finished blocked?