Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

ging10ging 08-05-2011 02:34 PM

I wouldn't mind it and since it is supposed to be an International Swap I would think something from Canada would be nice. I haven't seen anything like that here in Fl. It's fun to get different just my opinion. Sue

ging10ging 08-05-2011 02:35 PM

I like the sound of those fabrics. Sue

ging10ging 08-05-2011 02:37 PM

I wouldn't mind receiving something from anywhere. It'll be fun to see what we all get. Sue

thrums 08-05-2011 02:39 PM

I love maple leaves and the Canadian Flag!

thrums 08-05-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by thrums

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I think certain prints or styles are more popular in certain areas and the manufacturer's take that into account so even if it's the same company the fabrics would/might be different. That's what I was thinking when I first saw the swap. When I went to a quilt shop in the west there were TONS of southwest fabric that I don't see in my area. I bet the same is true for the new england area when it comes to the ocean/beach prints. I could not find any here. So I think just sending in material you find locally is great and if it has to do with whatever is popular in your neck of the woods that's even better.:) Just have FUN!

Franklin, TN was the site of a major battle near the end of the Civil War. I may use Civil War fabrics as my representation of my area.

I bought my Civil War era fabric yesterday at The Quilting Squares; a Franklin shop that is actually where the battle took place. The war was a sad chapter in our history, but Franklin is well-known for historical sites and living history events during that time period.

KGoodhand 08-06-2011 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone for lettingme know!! I am going to keep my eyes open!!

buddy'smom 08-06-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I think certain prints or styles are more popular in certain areas and the manufacturer's take that into account so even if it's the same company the fabrics would/might be different. That's what I was thinking when I first saw the swap. When I went to a quilt shop in the west there were TONS of southwest fabric that I don't see in my area. I bet the same is true for the new england area when it comes to the ocean/beach prints. I could not find any here. So I think just sending in material you find locally is great and if it has to do with whatever is popular in your neck of the woods that's even better.:) Just have FUN!

Franklin, TN was the site of a major battle near the end of the Civil War. I may use Civil War fabrics as my representation of my area.

I bought my Civil War era fabric yesterday at The Quilting Squares; a Franklin shop that is actually where the battle took place. The war was a sad chapter in our history, but Franklin is well-known for historical sites and living history events during that time period.

WOW, sure wish I could see this shop, my favorite fabrics along with the 30's.

Little RoO 08-06-2011 10:19 AM

You can count me in...I am in the Uk and will try and find something that represents the Uk...not sure the fabric will be made in the UK...I can only think of Makower..and I think that is readily available in the US...but I do have some fabrics that I bought in Austria, Germany and Spain that I would be happy to send too.....sounds fun....but someone will have to remind me when to send.

thrums 08-06-2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Little RoO
You can count me in...I am in the Uk and will try and find something that represents the Uk...not sure the fabric will be made in the UK...I can only think of Makower..and I think that is readily available in the US...but I do have some fabrics that I bought in Austria, Germany and Spain that I would be happy to send too.....sounds fun....but someone will have to remind me when to send.

I believe you can send them in at any time. (before the deadline of course)

barbnron 08-06-2011 08:31 PM

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

BARB
REDFORD TWP,
MICHIGAN USA