Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/international-fabric-swap-sign-up-will-close-january-5-2012-a-t139483.html)

MdmSew'n'Sew 02-23-2012 05:44 PM

My squishy was here when I got home tonight - I'm so-o-o-o thrilled! Carsey, you are truly Wonder Woman Extraordinaire! :thumbup: I have FQs from all over the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand - I cannot stop fondling them and envisioning all the wonderful projects I will be making - saving some of each piece for a special lap quilt just for me. Thank you everyone for participating in this wonderful swap. I will take a picture and post it tomorrow night, my camera is down in the Girl Cave and I don't want to leave my FQs long enough to go get it!!:D Hugs to everyone, sleep tight, with dream of quilts made from our FQs dancing in your heads!

Quilt Mom 02-23-2012 05:45 PM

I had a curious thing happen... I received a FQ in a ziplock baggie with MY information. Not my FQ, a different one. So someone got my FQ without my name. I am not complaining. Carsey did a wonderful job. Just that mix-ups happen, so if you are not sure the source of a FQ, it may be mine.

mimiknoxtaylor 02-23-2012 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
got mine yesterday. Such fun! Thank you Carsey! [ATTACH=CONFIG]314941[/ATTACH]

Carsey 02-23-2012 07:35 PM

Hi everyone! I read these posts to my husband and he laughs and says "it was all worth while, baby"!! He hopes that it will be a long time before I do another swap this size. I told him that the amount of swappers had gotten up to around 200 at one time. He said "thank goodness that some dropped out or you would be pulling your hair out!!!!"

I never thought that I would get tired of fabric, but I have to say I was........ who am I kidding...... I loved it!!!!

Goodnight!

Carole

cmilton 02-23-2012 09:07 PM

I received my fabric today. It was better than Christmas!! Thanks to Carsey and all of the quilters who participated.

shayzamn 02-24-2012 05:19 AM

My fabrics arrived last night - eeee! My roommate had to wait patiently for me to go through every single one! There was much happiness, and much "Oh, oh, I NEED to make something with that one!" I love them all - and thank every single person who sent fabric!

(Okay, that's more exclamation points than I've used in a long time.)

Shay

gramajo 02-24-2012 05:37 AM

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 5002776)
Hi everyone! I read these posts to my husband and he laughs and says "it was all worth while, baby"!! He hopes that it will be a long time before I do another swap this size. I told him that the amount of swappers had gotten up to around 200 at one time. He said "thank goodness that some dropped out or you would be pulling your hair out!!!!"

I never thought that I would get tired of fabric, but I have to say I was........ who am I kidding...... I loved it!!!!

Goodnight!

Carole

:thumbup: to hubby. And to you too, Carole :thumbup: This has been awesome. I've started cutting the FQs for the quilt I'm making for me. My machine is at the sewing machine hospital for cleaning. As soon as I get it back, I'll be all set to start my quilt...what great memories of all of you.

carrot 02-24-2012 07:17 AM

So excited !!!:D:D:D It sould be delivered today !!! I just hope the mailman gets here before we leave today or I won't be able to open it until tomorrow ..........
:(
[TABLE]
<TBODY>[TR="class: shaded"]
[TD="class: status"]Processed through USPS Sort Facility

[/TD]
[TD="class: date-time"]February 24, 2012, 12:33 am

[/TD]
[TD="class: location"]WILLMAR, MN 56201

[/TD]
[TD="class: features"]Delivery Confirmation[SUP]™[/SUP]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: details single-details"]
[TD="class: select"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: label"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: service"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: status"]Processed through USPS Sort Facility

[/TD]
[TD="class: date-time"]February 22, 2012, 12:44 am

[/TD]
[TD="class: location"]JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099

[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Carsey 02-24-2012 08:38 AM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for being so patient and kind during this LONG process. I did a quick count and we had 102 swappers, and 1,704 FQ's. So........ If there were some mix ups...., mess ups....., or errors...... please forgive me. I'm not perfect so there probably are some mistakes made. Just let me know and I will try to fix them!!!!

One Thousand, Seven Hundred and Four Fat Quarters!!!!!!!! WOW, no wonder I was going cross eyed!! lol. I hope everyone enjoyed this swap and loves their FQ's.

Blessings!
Carole

amyjo 02-24-2012 08:55 AM

Hi, just want to thank you Carsey for all the wonderful work you did putting this all together and getting it out again. I got my pkg while I was gone and had a lot of fun looking and touching last nite before I went to bed. I do have one piece of a girl on a bench with a wheelbarrow, birdbath and trees on it--no name. Felicity Miller fabric for Westminster on the selvage. If anyone sent this in I would like to thank you and everyone else who participated. I rec'd 27 FQ's each and everyone pretty and not like any fabric I already had so, I have a perfect quilt for me.