Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

Quilty-Louise 12-29-2011 05:44 PM

Just thought I would share this website in case anyone might be
interested.

This website that has facts information about each state.

50 States

Judith1005 12-29-2011 07:53 PM

Thank you. I will have to go check it out. Looks like fun.

rwquilts 12-30-2011 07:13 AM

Thank you Louise! I found many things quite interesting that I might want to incorporate into my DQ!

Quilty-Louise 12-30-2011 02:25 PM

I soooo have the "elements" of my dq picked out, now to just
figure out how I want to do the layout of everything.

nancia 12-31-2011 03:14 AM

i'm afraid i'm going to sit this one out. i'm having a much harder time dealing with my mom's passing than i anticipated, and the sadness just doesn't leave me energy or oomph to do things. hopefully it will ease by next month and i can get back in the swing. i will peek in now and then because i know there will be beautiful dq's to see.

cherrybsixty 12-31-2011 06:21 AM

Happy New Year's Chele and everyone in the DQ swap and may it be a blessed one for you all. Thank you Louise for the tip on the website, hopefully it will share some more insite. I have PM my partner (Sewbeatit) and I am looking forward to hearing from her and wishing her the best of a New Year. Cherryb

goldsberry921 12-31-2011 06:28 AM

I've completed mine for my partner as of last week. I've got to go get something to mail it off in this coming week.
I also want to take the time to wish everyone a blessed New Year and hope if you are out and about, that you be safe.

Krystyna 12-31-2011 08:22 AM

A Little Chuckle - Anyone Need a Doll???

5 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year to Everyone - and thank you, Chele for another year of fun!

Just in case anyone needs an actual doll for their doll quilt ... here's something scary.

My son and his fiance were thinking of things to sell on Etsy. I suggested softies for Valentine's Day since their skill level isn't too high yet and with softies, often the more misshapen the better. To prove the point I whipped this one up yesterday afternoon. Her hair is made from shreds from my serger and her details are embroidered and embellished with funky buttons and lace.

oksewglad 12-31-2011 05:37 PM

Crazy Quiltin Robin--be forewarned--an idea has formed and is on the drawing board. Really think you will like it!

Judith1005 12-31-2011 06:23 PM

um Krystyna, I think that she has some really cute, fun elements. But, she kinda of scares me. But, ya know what....there are a lot of people who are going to fall in love with it. (especially Nightmare before Christmas fans!) I bet it's a big hit and they sell a lot.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4827253)
Happy New Year to Everyone - and thank you, Chele for another year of fun!

Just in case anyone needs an actual doll for their doll quilt ... here's something scary.

My son and his fiance were thinking of things to sell on Etsy. I suggested softies for Valentine's Day since their skill level isn't too high yet and with softies, often the more misshapen the better. To prove the point I whipped this one up yesterday afternoon. Her hair is made from shreds from my serger and her details are embroidered and embellished with funky buttons and lace.