Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

1234Irene 01-07-2012 10:22 AM

Wow! Great little quilts! Quilt show in Oklahoma City? Where was I when this was advertised? Would have loved to go to something like that! Since I rarely watch tv, maybe I should, hee hee. Still working on my DQ. I've seen a lot of geese flying south recently, maybe I could add a bit of them to it, to finish it up, ;)

SulaBug 01-07-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by cuppy (Post 4850443)
I am just about finished with my first doll quit swap!

Cuppy

Yeah!! :D I can hardly wait to see what you have made for this Doll Quilt swap!! :D I am almost finished with your's too & I hope you like it!! Fun - Fun!!
:D :D :D :D

Lv2sew2011 01-07-2012 02:52 PM

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on my two doll quilts, I'm glad there small cause it didn't take that long to put them together and was able to fix my boo boo in a hurry...LOL

I also received my little quilt from my partner and I will post pictures in a bit, right now I'm just going to go so for a bit, I kind of missed doing that for the Holidays...

Don't feel left out Irene I missed the quilt show to, I knew about it but forgot about it my short term memory just isn't as good as it should be anymore...

Donna

Originally Posted by 1234Irene (Post 4851580)
Wow! Great little quilts! Quilt show in Oklahoma City? Where was I when this was advertised? Would have loved to go to something like that! Since I rarely watch tv, maybe I should, hee hee. Still working on my DQ. I've seen a lot of geese flying south recently, maybe I could add a bit of them to it, to finish it up, ;)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-07-2012 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=1234Irene;4851580]Wow! Great little quilts! Quilt show in Oklahoma City? Where was I when this was advertised? Would have loved to go to something like that! Since I rarely watch tv, maybe I should, hee hee. Still working on my DQ. I've seen a lot of geese flying south recently, maybe I could add a bit of them to it, to finish it up, ;)[/QUOTE

the Oklahoma City Quilt Show is at the Cox convention center Jan 12 to 14th .... hope you get to go .... its the winter show ..

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-07-2012 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=Lynnie25;4850365]Crazy Quilting Robin, not sure who Jeff Dunham is (after all I am from Aussie land) but the Controlled Chaos bit - now that fit me perfectly in my quilting life :)

Lv2sew2011, your little quilts are gorgeous, love the butterflies.

Lynnie he is a ventriquillest and he is so funny ...... we just happened to find out he was going to be in Wichita Falls Texas which is about 80 miles from us
so we are going .......lol....... google him ....... and he is on Youtube check him out .......

iquilttooo 01-07-2012 03:55 PM

yippee--I haven't gotten them yet, but they sure look cute! Looking forward to seeing them in person.--thanks, Donna in Oklahoma

TammyB 01-07-2012 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 4850357)
I guess it will be ok to post pictures of the quilts I've mailed, because I don't think my partner is able to post pictures so here they are...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301050[/ATTACH]
This is the theme quilt, Oklahoma State Bird...Colors are much prettier than in the picture..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301051[/ATTACH]
And this one was the first one I done before I relized it was a themed month...I've got to pay more attention and quit forgetting...LOL

She gets two and I hope she likes them both..

Donna

Love your Oklahoma DQ. Nice embroidery.

TammyB 01-07-2012 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chele (Post 4845441)
I had a nice surprise in the mail today. urgodschild2 sent me a darling California surfing quilt. Love the backing fabric with the pink poodle surfer. Thanks again Barb!

That is too much! How fun! Very clever! Surf's up, dude! LOL

oowee 01-08-2012 07:09 AM

good morning Fay!!!

SulaBug 01-08-2012 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by oowee (Post 4854116)
good morning Fay!!!

I am not Fay, but Good Morning to you from Sulabug!!
:D :D :D :D