Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

Chele 01-23-2012 05:29 PM

Ya'll are brave. Free motion quilting without a foot? Yikes! Make sure your needle is sharp in case it meets with fingers. You don't want a dull one piercing you. Sending safe vibes.

oksewglad 01-23-2012 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh, Chele, I will. Have already pierced a finger and don't want a repeat performance. DH won't want to take me to ER again!
Here's the wonderful Road to Oklahoma that CQRobin sent me! The colors are soft with nice contrast; SID quilting topnotch; nice back labels-1st the OK flag, 2nd celebrating the OK land rush, and 3rd the personalized label.
She also sent some neat extras--love having and extra tweezers, the emery board works like a charm and what a great little pattern she picked out.
Keep her in your prayers as she really needs them. Thanks again Robin.[ATTACH=CONFIG]305684[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305686[/ATTACH]

jillnjo 01-23-2012 06:28 PM

Gladie; What a gorgeous little quilt! It looks just like you! Me, too-hehe. All the extras are a nice touch, don't you think?

QuiltingKrazy 01-23-2012 06:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I've got sunshine... on a cloudy day.... I - guess - you'd - say.... what could make me feel this way.... My quilt!
I'm talking bout my doll quilt! MY QUILT!
it is really a good thing y'all can't hear me trying to sing! but
that is what I felt like doing when I received my Doll Quilt today from Judith1005 in sunny Florida! My home state!
With the cold foggy and rainy day today in NC, this sure did give me some warm feelings! LOVE IT!
Thanks so much Judith for the wonderful quilt! (I'm sorry to say, I haven't finished yours just yet!) I promise to get it mailed by Thursday!
Here's some pictures of my really awesome SUNNY quilt! It is gonna hang in my office at work, right next to my Pensacola Beach Poster!

oksewglad 01-23-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 4904248)
Gladie; What a gorgeous little quilt! It looks just like you! Me, too-hehe. All the extras are a nice touch, don't you think?

Oh didn't she get it right!!! Good thing you don't live close to me or it could be AWOL!!

Judith1005 01-23-2012 07:17 PM

Oh, i love the road to oklahoma quilt. It's gorgeous. Beautiful piecing and colors.

And, I'm so glad you like your little mini. I love your poster. It is awesome.

kwiltkrazy 01-23-2012 08:12 PM

What wonderful quilts, OK and Fl, what wonderful places and people. Gosh I have to get mine done, have started but had some other things get in the way. Haven't forgotten you Ms. Alaska.

TammyB 01-23-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 4896106)
I heard from mollymunchkin that she received the DQ so now time to post a pic. While it is simple, it envokes in me memories of wonderful times spent in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304938[/ATTACH]

Wow, that landscape quilt is wonderful!

TammyB 01-23-2012 08:32 PM

QuiltingKrazy and Judith1005, that's a super sunny Florida DQ. I lived in P'Cola for a couple years while my husband was in flight school in the 80s. Absolutely loved that area! Gorgeous beaches!

TammyB 01-23-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4904228)
Oh, Chele, I will. Have already pierced a finger and don't want a repeat performance. DH won't want to take me to ER again!
Here's the wonderful Road to Oklahoma that CQRobin sent me! The colors are soft with nice contrast; SID quilting topnotch; nice back labels-1st the OK flag, 2nd celebrating the OK land rush, and 3rd the personalized label.
She also sent some neat extras--love having and extra tweezers, the emery board works like a charm and what a great little pattern she picked out.
Keep her in your prayers as she really needs them. Thanks again Robin.[ATTACH=CONFIG]305684[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]305686[/ATTACH]

Fantastic Road to Oklahoma! Love the colors!