Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

Judith1005 01-24-2012 05:04 AM

Beautiful "stained glass parrot". If you didn't look twice, you'd never realize it was fabric.

Krystyna 01-24-2012 05:13 AM

Incredible quilts this month. What a talented group!

Tulip 01-24-2012 08:25 AM

Indiana, very well represented!

1 Attachment(s)
:)Received my lovely DQ from jillnjo yesterday! Her FM is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much Nancy, I will now remember Indiana for more than their awesome beef cattle! I will display this on my quilting wall in my sewing room. This has been so much fun, I have learned alot and was blessed with a wonderful partner and now a new friend. I am anxiously awaiting Feb. Nancy, your DQ will be in the mail tomorrow, I just added the label and won't make it to the post office before todays icy rain.

oksewglad 01-24-2012 08:37 AM

Oh Tulip you are one lucky lady to get a jillnjo quilt! It's so hard to see her exquisite workmanship in photos. Love the clothesline detail. Nancy I want a real little trailer like that; pull it up into my yard and park it, plant flowers all around and use it as my "garden shed". Know where I can find one?

Tulip 01-24-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4905829)
Oh Tulip you are one lucky lady to get a jillnjo quilt! It's so hard to see her exquisite workmanship in photos. Love the clothesline detail. Nancy I want a real little trailer like that; pull it up into my yard and park it, plant flowers all around and use it as my "garden shed". Know where I can find one?

Her workmanship is out of this world. Beading, embellishments, amazing FM and her sense of color and mitered corners! Can you tell I am awestruck?? It sure gives a gal some inspiration, that's for sure. Couldn't have asked for a better partner for my first DQ swap. Thanks Chele for hosting such a terrific swap!

Judith1005 01-24-2012 11:04 AM

Tulip, that is an awesome quilt.

Lynnie25 01-24-2012 11:52 AM

WOW, WOW, an explosion of gorgeous quilts - love the Road to Oklahoma and the Lighthouses, the Florida one is so bright and cheery and jillnjo's quilt is amazing. But I love the parrots (my backyard friends) done by Woody - our Aussie animals are great to depict in a quilt.

Now to decide on what to do for February's DQ???

Chele 01-24-2012 01:13 PM

All of the quilts have been so original! Great job, everyone! There's more to see, so stay tuned.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-24-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4905829)

Gladie I would love to have a trailer like that to sit in and drink ice tea and read my books ...... love jillnjo's little Indiana quilt and the parot is so pretty ......wow the quilts are so cool this month as always ...

Muv 01-24-2012 03:35 PM

I absolutely love Jillnjo's trailer quilt, but will someone please explain to me what the connection is with Indiana. Some things have to be explained to foreigners.