Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

jillnjo 01-24-2012 04:07 PM

Well, indeed this month's doll quilts are awesome!! The bird is so bright and I like the stained glass look.

jillnjo 01-24-2012 04:20 PM

Oh, I can tell you about trailers and where I live! The area in northern IN that I live in(Elkhart County) is the RV capital of the world, at least that's a slogan around here. The manufacturing of travel trailers and motor homes is huge here and employs many people. So, we have really felt the impact of the slowdown in the economy in recent years. I decided to draw a little old-timey trailer and use 30's prints--these small RV's are in demand with vintage lovers and go for good prices if you have one! Looks like we could have a kick-back,ice tea and hamburger day, doesn't it?

Judith1005 01-24-2012 04:32 PM

Jillnjo, Your little quilt is darlin. I love the little trailer, quilts on a line....And the 30's prints. (I'm drooling over.) Yes, it looks like the party's happening right there on the perfect summer day. :)

TammyB 01-24-2012 08:09 PM

Love your DQ jillnjo! What a cute little trailer!

mmb195152 01-24-2012 09:55 PM

When I saw the RV jillnjo, I knew you were from Elkart, IN. My quilt is going out in the morning to my new Canadian friend, Quilt Queen 2. mary

Lv2sew2011 01-24-2012 10:11 PM

Loving all the DQ they look awesome!

I'm ready for Feb. DQ Swap where do I sign up...LOL
Donna

Krystyna 01-25-2012 04:58 AM

Jilnjo, that is absolutely darling! I didn't know that about Elkhart, IN. Makes me want to visit and pick one up. Perhaps a Quiltmobile!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-25-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 4907302)
Oh, I can tell you about trailers and where I live! The area in northern IN that I live in(Elkhart County) is the RV capital of the world, at least that's a slogan around here. The manufacturing of travel trailers and motor homes is huge here and employs many people. So, we have really felt the impact of the slowdown in the economy in recent years. I decided to draw a little old-timey trailer and use 30's prints--these small RV's are in demand with vintage lovers and go for good prices if you have one! Looks like we could have a kick-back,ice tea and hamburger day, doesn't it?

Jillnjo, I love your vintage trailer .... you did an awesome job .... I think you should make me a quilt like that .....tee hee hee ..............

rwquilts 01-25-2012 08:07 AM

These quilts are so fun and beautiful! Each in it's own way...I think...wow! That's my favorite and then another is posted and I think...wow! This is my favorite and so it goes...can't decide! Keep em coming! :)

oksewglad 01-25-2012 10:48 AM

Mine's heading to Oklahoma today!