Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

Boop56 02-05-2012 12:26 PM

I can't get my pics to post. I have tried twice but i won't give up.

cuppy 02-05-2012 02:18 PM

I received my doll quilt for January! I was away last week when it came in the mail. Thank you. I love the snowmen. My partner is the best paper piecer! Thank you Sulabug. Thank you also for the Quiltmaker magazine!

Cuppy

SulaBug 02-05-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by cuppy (Post 4945793)
I received my doll quilt for January! I was away last week when it came in the mail. Thank you. I love the snowmen. My partner is the best paper piecer! Thank you Sulabug. Thank you also for the Quiltmaker magazine!

Cuppy

You are most Welcome & I am so glad that you like it so well. I had such fun making it for you. Now you can start your very own Doll Quilt collection!! :D I have already posted a picture for you, I hope you have found it & can see. Also, I Thank You again for the darling Florida quilt you made for me. Hope we can pair up again someday.
:D :D :D :D

Lynnie25 02-05-2012 08:43 PM

First week down of stalking the 'postie', he better deliver my DQ from oldcatlady this week or else :)

woody 02-06-2012 01:58 AM

Such wonderful little works of art!! Well done everyone, I can't wait to see more:thumbup:

JoAnnGC 02-06-2012 08:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been living in a miserable sick bed for the past several days so I haven't had a clear enough head until today to share this pic of the amazing quilt I received from 1234Irene in Oklahoma. Wow! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing all the little details are in her machine embroidery, even right down to every shingle on the roof of the house and each grain of wheat, not to mention the quilts hanging on the clothes line. I hope you can all zoom in on the pic to appreciate every bit of it. Irene's depiction of Tornado Alley in OK is a familiar sight to all of us in north Georgia too and a reminder that tornado season is just around the corner. Our states also share a common thread with our native American heritage. My Georgia DQ that I'll soon be sending to her (so sorry I'm late on it) will be featuring our state flower the Cherokee Rose which is said to have sprung up along the Trail of Tears connecting our two states and created by the forced relocation of thousands of members of the original Indian nations that occupied what is now the southeastern United States. She also included the oilfiends of Oklahoma. Our country is so blessed with natural resources! Irene really portrayed her state so well. I am so impressed! I hope you all enjoy it too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309412[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 02-06-2012 08:12 AM

Oh my goodness! That is amazingly beautiful.

QuilterMomma 02-06-2012 10:17 AM

awesome quilts everyone!!!!!

LeslieFrost 02-06-2012 11:14 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Now I have my Jan. quilt also, and it is awesome! A whole depiction of Massachusetts, on one little quilt! Thanks 978grey -- you did a great job!

Hong on now, as there are about 6 pics. There are fabulous little embellishments that tell more about the state. She also sent NECCO candy (from MA, of course) and sports decals, and a lovely note.

This is really a great swap, isn't it?

Krystyna 02-06-2012 11:22 AM

How adorable. Love that tiny witch hat flying away. My sister lives near Salem so we went to one of the museums some years ago ... if you've gone, you'll understand ... "MORE WEIGHT!"