Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -- Show Us Where You're From (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2012-doll-quilt-swap-show-us-where-youre-t170376.html)

rwquilts 02-12-2012 07:22 AM

I paper pieced the apples and tree blocks and made random crazy patch crumbs for the filler blocks. Thank you Krystyna! And a hearty congratulations on becoming the hostess for us! You'll be fabulous!

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4967761)
Ronda, that is beautiful! Did you paper piece the surrounding blocks? Wow, wow and wow!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 02-12-2012 08:47 AM

rwquilts I love your Washington State quilt ... have fond memories of life in Tacoma in the 70's
was there 6 years and you did a beautiful job showing us your state .... the apples are so cool ...
I had 2 apple trees and tons of blackberries it was a beautiful place to garden ..... I had little boys
back then and we loved the time we spent there .... your quilt is beautiful

almond 02-12-2012 08:51 AM

Rhonda: that is a great DQ. You put lots of work into that. Wow!

kwiltkrazy 02-12-2012 10:34 AM

Dearest Daffy; I have dislocated my thumb when I did a dance with the ashfalt, never fear, though, my mom will be here and she will finish the binding for me. She will be here Tuesday. So sorry for the delay.

TammyB 02-12-2012 10:45 AM

Ronda, love your Washington quilt. How perfect! Cute apples.

TammyB 02-12-2012 10:48 AM

Needlegrammy,

Wow, what a great Tennesee DQ. Very clever. It's all the things you think of when you think of Tennesee!

SulaBug 02-12-2012 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4967706)
This is the quilt that I made for my swap partner for January. I live in Washington State, in an area called the "Palouse". They do dry farming here and there are layers and layers of rolling hills. In the spring, it's very beautiful with all the different greens/browns, etc. In the fall, it's dotted with golden grains and laden with fields of wheat stocks and lentils ready for harvest. So the center depicts the Palouse. It's surrounded by various blocks. Apples and trees of course which are well known for Washington and the bright crazy patch blocks because I love them! LOL! Thanks for looking!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311130[/ATTACH]

Ronda..........I just love this darling doll quilt, you have made to represent the state of Washington!! :D It is so colorful & fun to look at. What a nice job you have done too. Thank you for sharing with all of us here today!!
:D :D :D :D

SewExtremeSeams 02-12-2012 03:05 PM

Ronda! You depicted our state of Washington sew beautifully. We travel often through your area and I love the rolling hills of grains. What a special quilt. :)

rwquilts 02-12-2012 04:29 PM

Thank you everyone for your compliments on my Doll Quilt! :):)

Lynnie25 02-12-2012 06:54 PM

rwquilts, what a gorgeous dolls quilt, it is bright and cheery and reminds me of my time spent in Washington State :( so long ago now