Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2019 to March 2019 Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2019-march-2019-table-runner-swap-t302455.html)

klaws 01-30-2019 11:27 AM

We have the sub-zero temps here in Ohio also but not quite as bad as some. Right now it is -4 with a windchill of -30. Y'all know what I'll be doing...staying warm and sewing. But, the temp on Monday is supposed to be 50. What the heck is going on with this crazy weather? Yesterday I told the ladies at the Hospice thrift store where I volunteer that I am going back to Florida! Only kidding. :) Now that I live only 5 minutes from my brother and about 8 minutes from my son, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Anyone who is experiencing this brutal weather, please stay inside and stay warm. It's even harder on us older ones than it used to be. Old Arthur is not being nice to my hands today.

Boop56 01-30-2019 12:21 PM

Klaws, I am native to Ohio. Been here in Florida 15 years. But I came here to be near my daughter's because they moved to here. I was telling my husband I could not imagine living in Ohio in the cold you are experiencing. But then we lived in the middle of corn fields. So there would have been no protection from wind. I cannot even remember if growing up, we ever experienced such cold. Stay in, stay warm, stay safe!
🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼*♀️🧚🏼* ♀️
CarolinePaj.....I sent you a private message. It will be titled mug rug though.

Northern Sue 01-30-2019 04:48 PM

oh lordy, oh lordy, it's minus 40! Seriously folks, what IS with this weather? The whole continent is going crazy! We have to be thankful that we are safe & warm in our homes.

R-sea 01-31-2019 12:52 AM

Take a trip to Perth , we are having a heat wave, I'm staying indoors with the fan on

m-fay 01-31-2019 03:03 PM

cant get over the extremes! -40 to + 40!

Boop56 02-04-2019 07:32 PM

I have to pull out of the swap. I have received text that I have cousins coming for 3 weeks. I haven't seen family in 5 years since when I went home to bury my mother. I will be watching to join in the future. Happy swapping.

m-fay 02-05-2019 04:07 AM

Mines almost finished.

lawsonmugs 02-05-2019 08:42 AM

Boop56 hope you can join in later. Enjoy your visit. Wow, Marion already. I haven't picked mine out yet.

lawsonmugs 02-05-2019 02:27 PM

Kind of quiet here. I bet everybody is fast at work on their runners. lol. Boy I need to go start it at least,pick out some fabric or a pattern something. I did finish my sons queen quilt and almost done with my grand-daughters baby quilt. She is due in april. Also made my "fun on the farm" block for this month.

CarolinePaj 02-05-2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56 (Post 8202439)
I saw the size posted, but patterns I see run bigger. What are the sizes you prefer?

Hi Boop,

Just so you know for next time - the size posted in the thread are the minimum size required... you are more than welcome to make it bigger.

You can always rejoin right up until the last minute if you find you have some time when the family go home.

Hugs

Caroline