Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January - June 2021 Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-june-2021-round-robin-t313692.html)

petthefabric 02-28-2021 09:13 PM

Macybaby, I knew you'd do something really unusual. Love it.

Rebaquilts 03-01-2021 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Suz (Post 8463948)
My sewing room looks pretty good now. Aren’t you all glad to have this quilting skill particularly since the pandemic? This forum has been a God-send since I now live alone and stay home a lot. Store, doctor, post office and home. Church online. How about you?

I second that emotion. My dad died at Thanksgiving from COVID and I came home from the hospital (I was able to visit him since I had recovered from it) to a secret pal box from England. Talk about a God-send. I'm so sorry for your loss, for sure, that is rough. I found that the round robin and forcing myself to sew and lose myself in creativity was real therapy, as well as the enthusiastic comments and support from everyone here. We are blessed to have you in our group of round robinettes. Hugs.

hav4boys 03-01-2021 08:51 AM

So sorry for your loss Suz.

Suz 03-01-2021 09:52 AM

My niece indicated that she slept away quietly. To me, it shows she was right with the Lord. Otherwise I think she would have been fighting to stay. Agreed? Anyhow, I would prefer to think she was ready and entered heaven quietly.

I knew she had been dealing with other health issues and now she can rest. Miss her? Yes, however not wanting her back to suffer more. She’s in a better place now.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I appreciate you all. We, too, are family.

Reba, so sorry about your father. The Covid is so nasty. In my extended family, we have had one death to Covid. Please be assured than it does get better. Time heals some, not all, but some. Will be praying for you as you heal.

Mona G 03-01-2021 02:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Reba sorry for your loss.
Suz, yes it sounds like she was ready and no longer has pain.
My dad has been in and out of the hospital several times over the last year, I know his quality of like is not good and he is ready to go as he is the last of his siblings and one of the last of his cousins. I know that mom probably won't be able to talk him into going to the hospital next time the fluid builds up in his lung and I know when it is his time that he will no longer be in pain everyday.

I've been working on Mr Moose today, got the mountains done, I will work on the trees for the side the next couple of days.

Mona G 03-01-2021 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8464832)
Suz - that is very sad news.

This is a sneak peak for petthefabric's top. I've got all the "parts" done and have started assembly.

Macybaby, can't wait to see the finished product.

Macybaby 03-02-2021 07:02 AM

Mona, the mountains look really neat! And I'm glad that one is in the first group, I'd be hard pressed to follow it!

I've got Pet's top done and ready to trim and square it up. I measured and think I'm going to end up at 45.5" UF across. Since we only have five rounds for the second group, I figure going a bit larger will be OK. Funny how having 7" instead of 6" can make a world of different to fit things in.

I've had Suz's top on the design wall, and I've got an idea of what to do. Mona's round has the pattern going in a sort of swirl/circle and if I continue that to the next round, it ties in with the swirl/circle of the center applique. I plan on putting some machine embroidery flowers at the end of each "swirl". I've got some really neat jacobean designs that I think would coordinate with the center.

petthefabric 03-02-2021 09:25 AM

Got the letter that goes with Macybaby's project. Waiting for the project.
This RR has been fun and so creative, stretching us.

hav4boys 03-02-2021 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8465034)
Reba sorry for your loss.
Suz, yes it sounds like she was ready and no longer has pain.
My dad has been in and out of the hospital several times over the last year, I know his quality of like is not good and he is ready to go as he is the last of his siblings and one of the last of his cousins. I know that mom probably won't be able to talk him into going to the hospital next time the fluid builds up in his lung and I know when it is his time that he will no longer be in pain everyday.

I've been working on Mr Moose today, got the mountains done, I will work on the trees for the side the next couple of days.

Love the mountains. I am in love with this quilt.

Mona G 03-02-2021 02:50 PM

Hav4boys, glad you like it so far.
I think my machine might have to go to the doctor. I was sewing the background fabric for the trees together and a screw fell from somewhere, can't find where.
But now the feet won't move the fabric forward.
I'll do some checking online to see if I can figure it out.