Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

luvstoquilt 01-11-2013 08:59 AM

Heard the stats on flu shots on the news last evening...it is not the best vacine around...for seniors it is about 30% effective, for young adults it is more like 60% effective, for little children is was lower. I got mine in October and so far, knock on wood, I am okay. The flu is really hitting the whole country very hard. Take care everyone!

luvstoquilt 01-11-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5778238)
ATTN SICK State: your pkg will be delivered on MONDAY!!!:thumbup::)

RATS! I thought that was going to be mine! Oh well...still waiting and it is early yet!

Vanuatu Jill 01-11-2013 09:13 AM

My last clue, and it is a telling one, but my SP doesn't seem to post on this thread (maybe she just reads?????) is, you have two cats and four dogs. Still haven't seen any clues that shout out "it's me!". Healthy thoughts are going out to all you who may be at risk for that flu. Cross fingers you all will safe

mscupid804 01-11-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5778480)
RATS! I thought that was going to be mine! Oh well...still waiting and it is early yet!

What makes you think it's not? You're in the right state.....:thumbup:

reeskylr 01-11-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5777385)
Beautiful package Vanogay! Wow you hit the motherload! Can't wait to see more packages come in. SP your package will be mailed way NW of me and the temp there tonight is 34 and rain and the same for tomorrow :(

Oh goodie!!! Although the sun is shining a bit today... :D

hav4boys 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Received a fabulous package from Jaba late yesterday. Sure made me smile. I love all the bright and bold items. I received a super pink placemat for my spot at the dinner table. This is great amoung all the males in my home. Everyone will know my spot. I love the hot pads and dish towel. The needle book just blessed me as I have not seen this before. The package was fantastic!!! Thank you Jaba.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387443[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 01-11-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5778475)
Heard the stats on flu shots on the news last evening...it is not the best vacine around...for seniors it is about 30% effective, for young adults it is more like 60% effective, for little children is was lower. I got mine in October and so far, knock on wood, I am okay. The flu is really hitting the whole country very hard. Take care everyone!

Maybe we should start a new style - QUILTED FACE MASKS!!!

Knitette 01-11-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5778697)
Maybe we should start a new style - QUILTED FACE MASKS!!!

Good idea! People vastly underestimate the effects of flu. I got flu in 2000 and ended up in hospital with pneumonia, very poorly indeed.
Don't know if it's the same for you folks, but a doctor I know told me they're using last year's vaccine. Of course, as the virus mutates, the vaccine is not as effective......

jaba 01-11-2013 11:10 AM

Hav4boys, so glad you liked your package. It was fun putting all those brights together for you.

luvstoquilt 01-11-2013 11:14 AM

Well Mscupid...I guess I can't read....I thought it said your pkg was out for delivery on Monday...didn't come to me. I reread and now know it could still be mine and if it is it will ARRIVE on Monday!

Krystyna I love your idea about quilted face masks! I honestly do not know how you come up with such great responses! You make me laugh and that is "heart healthy" according to Dr.Oz!