Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

jaba 07-26-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6198179)
Oh dear... Did I act up? I am so sorry everyone. I forgot myself in my time of grief. Please forgive me if I made anyone uncomfortable. I just wasn't thinking right.

Nope I don't think you did, I'm the same way. I have mine done on purpose and ship within a day or two. I just don't understand how you can sign up for something and not ship but receive very well it seems. I'll do a side swap with you RedGarnet anytime you want. think I'm done with this one too! Sorry ladies certainly NOT the majority, but for 3 months I've gotten less than the majority. Pretty soon you just get done, have quit several swaps on the board for this very reason and it seems as though it's always the same people that are getting away with it, but yet, they let them sign up month after month.
Red Garnet I am so sorry to hear of your grandson, truly my heart goes out to you. Can't think of anything that would be so devastating.

Old_Rosebud 07-26-2013 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6197672)

At any rate, this is the last "Secret" swap I am going to be in. This will make the third secret swap that I got burned in.

You will have to excuse me, I am grieving over the death of my 19 year old grandson last sunday.

My heart breaks for you! Prayers for you and your family.
I hope your PC or needlecase shows up soon. I would be honored to swap with you anytime. I actually got both my Pc's out extra early this month (for once!). We will definitely miss you.
Michelle

lynnie 07-26-2013 06:40 PM

red, you did not make us feel uncomfortable, we are symphatizing with you in your time of need.
again, if you want a side swap anytime, let me know.

lynnie 07-26-2013 06:45 PM

I was under the impression if you didn't fulfill your swap obligation, you're out for good. How can they let the same people month after month continue to not ship and disappoint????????
they need to be outed. I'm a few months ahead just to be on the safe side.
THESE people, get all the goodies and give nothing in return. I FOR ONE, DONOT WANT TO SWAP WITH THEM.
If I get one of these people, I will out them and quit the swap also. Redgarnet, you might be starting your own swap
without these people.

Pat625 07-26-2013 08:00 PM

Red-there is nothing to apologize for..my thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time. Remember you are among friends ((((Hugs))))

JuneBillie 07-26-2013 10:07 PM

All you ladies here are great, and very caring people.

paintmejudy 07-27-2013 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6198308)
I was under the impression if you didn't fulfill your swap obligation, you're out for good. How can they let the same people month after month continue to not ship and disappoint????????
they need to be outed. I'm a few months ahead just to be on the safe side.
THESE people, get all the goodies and give nothing in return. I FOR ONE, DONOT WANT TO SWAP WITH THEM.
If I get one of these people, I will out them and quit the swap also. Redgarnet, you might be starting your own swap
without these people.

The problem is we do not know who the gals are that take but don't give

RedGarnet222 07-27-2013 06:52 AM

You girls are wonderful and if anyone of you want to side swap with me just pm me. I hope everyone got their pincushions or needle cases. I should not have said anything. I am not myself, girls. Please just forget I said anything.
Now, the last posts of queen said she was sick with a respiratory illness. I sure hope she is not in the hospital.

paintmejudy 07-27-2013 07:16 AM

Red, you had every right to say what you did. Were you one of the ones, like me, that did not get a July cushion? If so, do you want to do a side swap? I'd be proud to swap with you.

I was hoping the same thing, that Tracey is not in hospital. But since she hasn't posted in a while and now nothing has been posted to do an August swap ... I fear the worst.

lynnie 07-27-2013 09:14 AM

on to another subject...
themes for the pc's. I love them, it stretches our imagination. now lets say the theme is animals. it doesn't mean you have to make an animal, how about using animal fabric, or animal print fabric. We all love that mushroom, every month a different theme on the mushroom. a cat or dog on the mushroom. get it. it makes it more fun, and we can grow our stash, like we really need to do that, and come up with new ideas. back to school, use a school print. it's soooo much fun to me to have a subject each month. don't be fearful of it, embrace it and let your imagination flow!!!!